PG Music Home
I posted this a few days ago, but my post was not seen?

So I made it a new topic.

I tried the templates with waltzes in a few tempi, but the user tracks did not work, when I tried them in biab. The user tracks work however with 4/4 as my user tracks for the contest proove.
Any help ?
Here is the link to my waltz user track.
Maybe some one of the clever people of the forum is able to explain why my waltzes don't work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq4h2zqatvolhue/guitar%20Rob%20waltz%20ev%20140.zip
Rob, I'm thinking off the top of my head so there is a good chance I'm wrong but you haven't got much response so, here goes!

When you make a UserTrack the wav or wma file goes into a folder. In addition to the audio file the folder has to contain a sgu file and a memo.txt file. The SGU file details the identity and location of the audio file chords. The memo.txt file gives a usertrack description to the user. There is a third file that hasn't been mentioned much called options.txt. Options.txt tells BIAB the tempo, feel (even or swing) and time signature (3/4 or 4/4). It may tell BIAB more things but that's what I remember.

I'm guessing you haven't copied an options.txt file into your folder and edited the time signature so whatever defaults exist are in use.
Hi Jim, thanks. The solution was to delete the wrong
files and biab generated new ones and they worked.
I found a bug in producing waltzes!
Here is a part of my correspondence with PG music:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message. We forwarded your issue and song to our development team and the identified it as a bug. They will need to look into this further and release a program patch update with a fix.

Thank you,
Alyssa
PG Music Inc.
Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message
On 27/03/2014 1:31 AM, Rob de Klerk wrote:

Hi Ken,
I produced a couple working 4/4 user tracks for the contest (see the forum).
I tried the same with waltzes but when I use them , they skip some messures or the timing is strange.
Here is one of my creations https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq4h2zqatvolhue/guitar%20Rob%20waltz%20ev%20140.zip
I hope you can explain what went wrong.
regards Rob
Thanks for reporting back to the Forum members Rob.

PG Music are usually pretty focused on getting these types of operational issues resolved quickly, so let's hope for a patch in the next available release.

Good detective work on your part too, to identify, and report.

Cheers
Trevor
Bump
Thanks for the post Rob, and the bump Jim. Fixing this has slipped through the cracks, but your explanation above is clear, and we should get it fixed soon.
bump
Still waiting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............
Still Bumping...
Originally Posted By: rodipoet
I found a bug in producing waltzes!
Here is a part of my correspondence with PG music:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message. We forwarded your issue and song to our development team and the identified it as a bug. They will need to look into this further and release a program patch update with a fix.

Thank you,
Alyssa
PG Music Inc.
Important Reminder: Please include all previous correspondence when replying to this message
On 27/03/2014 1:31 AM, Rob de Klerk wrote:

Hi Ken,
I produced a couple working 4/4 user tracks for the contest (see the forum).
I tried the same with waltzes but when I use them , they skip some messures or the timing is strange.
Here is one of my creations https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq4h2zqatvolhue/guitar%20Rob%20waltz%20ev%20140.zip
I hope you can explain what went wrong.
regards Rob

This is similar to a bug found using the Audio chord Wizard. There is an easy work around for that bug that you may want to try

Open the Audio Editor
Select: Permanently apply Bar 1 offset to track by deleting or inserting silence

Close the Audio Editor

The audio file should play correctly

If that selection is greyed out, you must first select:

Mark this point as Bar 1 of the song...

Selecting that from the menu allows the ability to select the Permanently Apply Bar 1 selection.

This procedure solves the skipping when it has been processed by the Audio Chord Wizard and your issue may be related so it is worth a try.
© PG Music Forums