PG Music Home
Posted By: gary l How to enter shots? - 01/29/15 05:16 PM
Hi all,
My BIAB version is 2008, err old, and the style I need help with is "curtism.sty curtis m slow blues." I need some guidance on how to make the first two eighth notes (first quarter note) in my designated measure to punch on my enter chord. I believe punches are call shots. The second quarter note I want to rest, on the third and fourth quarter note, I just want drums. The following measures go back to normal. Any help is appreciated
gL
Posted By: solidrock Re: How to enter shots? - 01/29/15 06:54 PM
[1]A..,A._A.d___[2]A________[3]

So [1] all instruments will play a Shot, then rest_only Drums will play___[2] all instruments play normal.
(you don't really need A. on the second beat)

Rests/Shots/Held Chords/Pushes

Rests, Shot, Held Chords and Pushes are supported by the RealDrums and RealTracks generation routines:

A chord can be specified as a Rest by adding a period after the chord.

e.g. "C." indicates a C chord that is a Rest.

A chord can be specified as a Shot by adding two periods after the chord.

e.g. "C.." indicates a C chord that is a Shot.

A chord can be specified as a Held Chord by adding three periods after the chord.

e.g. "C…" indicates a C chord that is a Held Chord.

Exclusions

Individual track exclusions to Shots/Rests/Held Chords are made by entering the initial of the excluded track after the period(s). For example, C.bdg would cause bass, drums, and guitar to be excluded from a rest. C...d play hold but exclude drums.

Pushes:

^C = 8th push

^^C = 16th push

Posted By: gary l Re: How to enter shots? - 01/29/15 07:56 PM
Thanks for responding, I've made a some progress...
So, I entered in g7..,^g..d
When the second 1/8 note is hit, I want a clean break with no audio/instrumentation after. And how can I program a strong rim shot on those 1/8 notes?
Posted By: solidrock Re: How to enter shots? - 01/29/15 09:46 PM
You can also use "F5" bar settings. Can you edit, click on the Piano Roll then select "D" Drums and edit the notes by dragging, copy, paste or delete.

Also if you need more help go to the actual BIAB Forum: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1
© PG Music Forums