PG Music Home
Introducing my latest Usertrack: Bass, Acoustic-Guitar, Ballad Ev16 060
Features over 800 Mb of approx. 2 and a half hours of playing!

From the Memo:

Acoustic "Takamine" bass guitar, with a round, warm tone and very little treble. Playing slow, mellow patterns, with quite a lot of slides & slurs, particularly on the b part. While this Usertrack is defined here as an Even16 style, the playing is designed to be without virtually any pushes on beat 1 and 3, which makes it fit just as easily for a range of Even8 based styles & genres as well.

Tempo range: 50-90 (potentially up to 100, though by that tempo the b substyle sounds perhaps too busy).

Have a listen to a Smooth Jazz setup demo HERE
And for a more rock ballad context (now with no lead instrument to hog the attention), try this demo HERE

And as usual, you can own this versatile add-on for a single buck, PM me (or email, if you have it from prior sets) for details cool
Hi Icelander
this sounds very useful. May I suggest something? Could you please post demos that are less "busy" - I mean, without solos or too many other instruments, so that your UTs will be very prominent (maybe increase the UT volume as well)? and easiear to hear. I think this is particularly useful for bass, but I guess it's true for UT demos of any instrument. It's nice to hear the UT in the context of a song, of course, but the point is to hear well the UT, not so much the demo song in itself, I guess.
Just a suggestion of course.
Thanks for making these UTs, they are really, really nice. I purchased your previous releases and I can testify that they are very well done. Let's hope that PG will improve this functionality.
Thanks
Thank you for your feedback and continuous support.
My goal with my demos has always been to highlight how well they'll fit into an actual song, for let's face it, there are quite a few RT sets which sound great on their own but try cram them into a structured song with melody and all and the word "cram" suddenly becomes all too accurate (Crooners, anyone?), resulting in a lot of "creative manipulation".
But your point is absolutely valid and heard! I was actually intending to add a third "simple" demo today, much like you suggest there, you just beat me to it by a hair as they say smile
So I think you'll like this last demo, where I've used the template of one of the Songwriter styles (where everything is nicely sparse and clear), going for that sweet "unplugged" feel cool - And your valuable suggestion came just in time before I uploaded, so I remixed it to accentuate the UT track.

Have a listen HERE
Thank you Icelander, this sounds really good and useful. A new order is coming your way :-)
Originally Posted By: Mr Micio
Thank you Icelander, this sounds really good and useful. A new order is coming your way :-)
Very good! cool
I'll take that as my cue to prepare the usual procedure and send your way.
Look for my email very soon smile
© PG Music Forums