PG Music Home
Posted By: WendyM Newbie question-USertracks-where are they? - 01/23/17 11:48 AM
Hi all, im just getting to grips with my new BB and I see that as well as RTs there are Usertracks.I guess these are ones made by members who are clever than me. lol. smile
I cant see a folder anywhere that i can pick into or DL them from. Can someone point me please. And when I get there how do I DL and where do they go to so I can call them in my mixer?.
If there is a cost do I pay PG somehow through My Account?
Sorry if all this so obvious. its not to me crazy
WendyM
Users that create a UserTracks stores their UserTracks. Forum member, solidrock, created a ++ website HERE ++ that has a spreadsheet with links to UserTracks. Click on the link.

++ LINK ++
Thanks Jim. Loads of stuff on there but the website seems to be OOD- last Usertracks are early 2016.
And I still havent fathomed how or where to put them.
I have my BB2017 on a 250gb hard drive and have about half the space available. Will usertracks overflow it?
WendyM
Wendy,

The Band-in-a-Box and RealBand programs have certain expectations when using loops or UserTracks.

The biggest expectation is where the files are located. Both programs expect loops to be inside the "X":\\BB\Realtracks\Loops folder and UserTracks to be inside the "X":\\BB\Realtracks\Usertracks folder where "X" is the hard drive letter the programs are installed on.

I have a fairly large assortment of loops that I have collected over time. UserTracks can have lossless files (WAV) or lossy (WMA) files associated with them and may have anywhere from 1 to more than 30 minutes of audio content so each UserTrack can be very large.

I store my loop and UserTrack collections on a secondary drive. I copy loops or UserTracks to the folder locations given above when they are needed and then add them to the song project folder once the project is complete. That way I can always reconstruct a song project.

This will link you backwards to a few UT's.
All my Usertrack notices get posted into this very forum, just keep and eye out for my nick cool

You won't find them on that link Fogle provided above, btw.
© PG Music Forums