PG Music Home
Posted By: mimmo Looking for user songs - 03/15/17 08:24 PM
I just got back into BIAB after a few years away from it (recently switched to Mac).
I was looking for a user site (her name is Alahna sorry not sure of the spelling so the search didn't quite work) she had a fantastic list of BIAB songs that she kindly used to share.

If anyone knows if this is still available, I would appreciate hearing about it

thanks
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/16/17 12:58 PM
I don't think her web site is available any more; there was a legacy link to download the BIAB files, but I don't know if that one is active either.

Another place where you can get started with a number of BIAB files is located here.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Looking for user songs - 03/16/17 11:06 PM
I'm not sure I ever had this link, jford, so many thanks for that.
Posted By: mimmo Re: Looking for user songs - 03/17/17 12:54 AM
thanks
was hoping someone would have had a chance to archive her songs
Posted By: mimmo Re: Looking for user songs - 03/17/17 12:59 AM
hi jford:

just went to the mmissary web site and I got a warning (enclosed screenshot) that it may contain harmful programs, know anything about that? Perhaps it's because it has lots of ZIP files?

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 8.56.06 PM.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Looking for user songs - 03/17/17 01:22 AM
Downloaded every zip looked in them and scanned with AntiVirus.
Some of them just contain exe files for chords, sequencers etc..
You can just delete them as you shouldn't need them.
But they are overwhelmingly BIAB song files and midi files.

Attached picture Avira-SGU.jpg
Attached picture Download-SGU.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/17/17 11:49 AM
Mimmo -

Check your Private Messages (PM).
Posted By: rharv Re: Looking for user songs - 03/19/17 10:49 AM
Allanahs site was archived by archive.org back in the day -
Glitch
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Looking for user songs - 03/28/17 10:29 PM
John,

I also went to that site and on trying to download the first zipped user tracks for inspection Norton Internet Security gave me a triple red threat go back immediately before you computer is eaten alive warning.

The ominous code red malicious website ahead warning, but I see their other stuff is church related.

I am afraid to download anything now though that I saw that warning.

Maybe the comments above mean others have opened their stuff and nothing bad has happened??
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Looking for user songs - 03/28/17 11:43 PM
I spent the last hour n a half unzipping zips inside of zips.
The Download should now just contain SGU/MGU/MID/TXT in folders only.
Anything else like old 16bit exe's were removed.
Good luck deciphering the DOS song file names.
PRETTYW.MGU that's an easy one !
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgvxxyn2hyj1te/MMissary-SGU.zip?dl=0
If it ask for Sign in click No Thanks Continue..at the bottom.
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/29/17 11:59 AM
Many of the files were created before BIAB supported long file names, hence the 8.3 file name structure. There is a command in BIAB to batch rename files based on the Song Title (works for most of the songs but not all). That will get you a long file name (something I did many years ago).
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/29/17 12:39 PM
David -

Check your PM box.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Looking for user songs - 03/29/17 01:07 PM
Thanks, I thought you would have to do that manually by the song name in BB.
Went To File > File Utilities > Auto-rename song files to long filenames..
It didn't ask me for a folder after click OK, it just went straight ahead and renamed the files in bb\RealTracks Demos to a 65 limit, so I don't know what demos won't play now ??

Then I saw in the File Utilities Menu "Change Directory Path" so did that but it said it couldn't find any as there is no "Search Sub directories" !

Attached picture BB-Rename1.jpg
Attached picture BB-Rename2.jpg
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/29/17 02:18 PM
Hmmm, I'll take a look at that this evening. I know I've used that feature many times (to rename web downloaded files), but haven't in a while.
Posted By: lambada Re: Looking for user songs - 03/29/17 09:26 PM
Wow. What an amazing selection of songs. Thanks to all that made this happen.
Posted By: Nick@Night Re: Looking for user songs - 03/31/17 10:24 AM
I am new to BIAB. It would be tremendously useful to be able to download .SNG files done by other users to see how they go about accomplishing certain things. Sometimes it seems to be a matter of "tricking" the product into doing what you want. Is there anywhere we can do that? Or is that a "no-no?"

Thanks...
Posted By: jford Re: Looking for user songs - 03/31/17 12:02 PM
You certainly may share SGU files (many have and still do), except for those you may have purchased from others (Bob Norton offers what he calls BIAB FakeDisks, where he creates SGU accompaniment files to go along with many of the popular fakebooks on the market - he did all the work, so deserves the compensation). However, others are free to share their files as they see fit.
Posted By: Tobias Re: Looking for user songs - 04/01/17 03:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I spent the last hour n a half unzipping zips inside of zips.
The Download should now just contain SGU/MGU/MID/TXT in folders only.
Anything else like old 16bit exe's were removed.
Good luck deciphering the DOS song file names.
PRETTYW.MGU that's an easy one !
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgvxxyn2hyj1te/MMissary-SGU.zip?dl=0
If it ask for Sign in click No Thanks Continue..at the bottom.

Thank you very much Pipeline. You made this very easy for me. Last night I made a mess of trying to unzip and organize them but never finished due to time constraints. Tonight I grabbed all of them from your dropbox. And already edited up a good realtracks version of Tracy Chapman's Give Me One Reason.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Looking for user songs - 06/25/17 10:41 AM
Folks

I'll have to look but I seem to remember there was already a Allanah provided TEXT file that listed ("decoded" DOS 8.3 to actual) song title in all those files - but I don't remember

also most of those songs (NOT all but vast majority) have been "borrowed" from Allanah and zipped up by ASCII alphabet letter (special character, numbers and a through z) at the Yahoo BIAB files archive

so there are a lot of the same or variations of the same Allanha (hard work) - all with long file (song title ) names

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/files

Larry
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Looking for user songs - 01/24/18 05:39 PM
Thank you Pipeline !!

Trax

Just an FYI for Pipelines Zip File: That file has 10,000 song files !!!
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Looking for user songs - 12/09/18 11:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Folks

I'll have to look but I seem to remember there was already a Allanah provided TEXT file that listed ("decoded" DOS 8.3 to actual) song title in all those files - but I don't remember

also most of those songs (NOT all but vast majority) have been "borrowed" from Allanah and zipped up by ASCII alphabet letter (special character, numbers and a through z) at the Yahoo BIAB files archive

so there are a lot of the same or variations of the same Allanha (hard work) - all with long file (song title ) names

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/files

Larry

Alas Yahoo has been overtaken by OATH and became marketing spyware ridden, and you can't access it without OK-ing that, completely against EU privacy laws. For now i am avoiding it, as there's no opting out on it or made too complicated .... . I just filed a complaint with the EU privacy authority. What happened with personal data and information Yahoo already has collected? There's no simple editing possible of one's profile, and no access and overview regarding collected data from their existing users.
Posted By: Raquel Cruz Re: Looking for user songs - 10/03/23 01:00 AM
Wow this amazing! We appreciate this. I can't find the B group however
© PG Music Forums