PG Music Home
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Real Drum/Intro Questions - 01/27/18 09:45 AM
Hey there folks,

Basically, I want to create a song with the four lines of four measures each in the first verse. The first 2 lines will have an arpeggiated piano playing by itself, and then the full band comes in for the second two. However, I want the drums (and possibly some other, but not all instruments) to play a two bar lead in starting at measure starting in the second half of the second line (basically measures 6 through 8).

Another, perhaps related, question: is it possible to generate an intro that does not begin at the first measure of the song? To clarify: I'm not talking about auto-generating chords, rather I'm talking about chords that I input played as a lead-in (since BiaB wizardry seems (at least to me) to intuit and play with a different 'feel' for intro bars.

Finally, is it possible to set the length/duration of a fill?

Thanks a lot, guys!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Real Drum/Intro Questions - 01/28/18 09:49 AM
You can control which instruments are playing by putting a "." after the chord followed by a "d" for drums, "g" for guitar, "p" for piano, etc.

For example a song I'm working on now starts off with just the piano playing "Am", so I input the "Am" chord as "Am.p". Then, after two bars I bring in the drums so I enter it as "Am.pd"

You can also use the "chord options" window. So, enter "Am", then bring up the chord options window by pressing "Alt-F5".

There is no way to control the length of a fill, it is whatever the particular realdrum track gives you, however there will be a few fills available for each realdrum track. So, by regenerating the track you may find a fill that works better for you, just remember to freeze the track after you have done that so you won't lose it.

Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Real Drum/Intro Questions - 01/30/18 10:09 AM
Thank you, BlueAttitude!
© PG Music Forums