PG Music Home
Posted By: beatmaster Free SampleScience Player - 02/15/18 07:59 AM
Free SampleScience Player now available!

It took a while but Orion Sound Module replacement is finally here and it's called the SampleScience Player! A free 200 instruments/3 gigs (5 gigs compressed to lossless FLAC files) rompler. This is the biggest free rompler currently available in terms of number of sounds!
The SampleScience Player contain all the sounds available in Orion Sound Module plus an additional 100 playable sounds!
Entire tracks can be composed only with it since it contain a variety of 200 playable sounds which includes drums, pianos, electric organs, synthesizers, sound effects and more! Read the list of sounds it contain here.
Also, I would be very happy if you send me the music you have made with it! Don't hesitate to do so. :-)

Anybody interested http://www.samplescience.ca/2017/10/samplescience-player.html
Posted By: Icelander Re: Free SampleScience Player - 02/20/18 11:00 PM
This looks promising, thanks for the tip cool
Posted By: Icelander Re: Free SampleScience Player - 02/22/18 10:52 PM
Unfortunately it keeps crashing my BBox upon quit smirk
Posted By: Icelander Re: Free SampleScience Player - 02/25/18 05:06 PM
Further issues and cautions: This set doesn't equalise the loudness from one instrument to the next, so you'll need to be ready for quite a loudness boost/drop when you pick any given instrument (at the risk of damaging your speakers if you forget to set your volume low first!). Same goes for octave value, one bass may have a very low pitch sound on note c1 with the next quite high, or not at all (limited range), and this is true for all the instruments.
There's also no Stand-alone, so you need a host application.

On the positive side - This set is absolutely massive for a single VST and entirely free, so you're not wasting anything but the time it takes to fetch it cool
Posted By: Icelander Re: Free SampleScience Player - 02/25/18 05:08 PM
They've now added a huge set of drum bass loops, btw.
© PG Music Forums