PG Music Home
Its been a while.There are some good tracks here and I can play the Deomos OK but what on earth do I do with the files when Ive downloaded them?Is there a Tute or a Video that shows me what to do to get them in my available tracks list(or whatever its called)?
Got 2020 713
Wendy confused
They function the same as any RealTrack once they are opened in the mixer. They respond to the chord chart, tempo and key signature the same as RealTracks.

They do have to be saved into a specific folder bb\realtracks\usertracks

There is also a specific naming process but the creator of the User Tracks you download would have taken care of that task.

So, download the file and place it into the UserTracks folder, from the mixer, right click and select Select a User Track for this track and it should perform the same in your song as a RealTrack.

This link describes how to create, save, load and use a simple User Track.

Band-in-a-Box: Make a Pop UserTrack in less than 10 minutes!
Thanks Charlie.That should take care of it.I'll try it out tonight.
Wendy,

A UserTrack information pdf file is attached to this post. The pdf file is a collection of forum posts, video links and Band-in-a-Box user manual quotations.

I created the file in 2014 but not much has changed with UserTracks since then.

You, the user of the Band-in-a-Box program, use UserTracks within the program the same way that you already use RealTracks. The main difference between RealTracks and UserTracks is who creates them. PG Music creates RealTracks while anyone outside PG Music can create UserTracks.

UserTracks have limitations. The two main limitations are content and no shots or holds. UserTracks do not typically provide audio content that is as comprehensive as a comparable RealTrack. UserTracks do not respond to shots or holds.

Attached File
UserTracks Information.pdf  (44 downloads)
Thanks Jim for that pdf I don't think I've ever seen that, it looks pretty comprehensive, will have to look through that.

Some of the UserTracks will be compressed with winrar .rar, you can use that or 7zip.
Just go to your RealTracks folder bb\RealTrack then right click on UserTracks folder Send to Desktop create shortcut.
Now when you open the rar files just drag the yellow folder out onto the "UserTracks" shortcut.
© PG Music Forums