PG Music Home
I'm a newbie--educable, but virginally unexperienced. I select a style in BB 2020/WIN64, such as _J140TBS.STY, which has a nice combo with a trombone soloing. What I'd like to do is mute the trombone for most of the song, but enable him for a number of bars at one repetition of the form. Unfortunately, if I select a range of measures and indicate that I want to mute the trombone for those bars, the trombone is muted for the entire song. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
So you hit F5 and at the top you can select the chorus.
If you Edit > Song Form > Unfold you can just select what bar to mute at and what bar back to normal.
If you don't want to unfold the song to one chorus you can use the "Settings Apply TO:" selection to select which chorus the setting is applied to.

Also don't forget that when you use a F5 setting you have to select which bar to begin the setting and which bar to end the setting. However, you don't need to close the first window and open a new window. All you have to do is change the beginning bar number in the window to the ending bar number.

Description: F5 Settings Window
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
RiverCityKen, did the response from the team work for you? I think this would be a great solution, perfect to your requirements. Please let us know.
Yep. Thanx!
© PG Music Forums