PG Music Home
Posted By: RiverCityKen Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/19/20 02:16 PM
Hi, y'all--
I have Ray Leatherwood's bass part of CRY ME A RIVER in Cm transcribed in MuseScore. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to output this from MuseScore into BBWin20 as a bass solo track? And if this is possible, can you point me to a tutorial to get me going on this?
Thank you very much,
--Ken
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/19/20 04:03 PM
Musescore > File > Export > Save as type "Standard MIDI File (*.mid)"

Biab > File > Import > Import to Soloist Part from MIDI file
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 03:07 PM
Thank you for your clear instructions, Pipeline. This is exactly what I needed!

Thanks again,
--Ken
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 03:31 PM
Help! I've still got one problem. When I imported the MIDI file (which sounded exactly like an upright bass in Windows Media Player or other programs, which is what I wanted), it came in as "instrument 27 Jazz Electric Guitar". I can't figure out how to change this back to an acoustic bass. If I try to "select Real Tracks", the bass track that I select plays its own melody, rather than the notes that are in the MIDI file. How do I fix this?

Thanks again!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 07:19 PM
Look at the track menu.
Also select piano roll,
select the Bass
set the drop down to Program
if any program change down the bottom remove it.

Attached picture BB-Patch.png
Attached picture BB-PC-Piano-Roll.png
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 08:52 PM
I'm sorry, Pipeline, but I've been trying for hours and cannot figure out what you were trying to teach me in your last message. I've uploaded a "one chorus + tag" version of Cry Me A River, which has what should be an acoustic bass soloing throughout, but has instead an electric guitar: "https://www.rivercityimageworks.com/customer/BB/Cry Me A River - 1 CHORUS.MGU" and I put the MIDI file I used at "https://www.rivercityimageworks.com/customer/BB/Cry Me A River - Bass-NEW2.mid". If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 10:22 PM
Pipeline, what you sent me is perfect... exactly what I want. However, I don't understand what you did, or how I can do it myself. I can see the piano notes, as played, in the piano roll, both in my (bad) version of the song and in your (correct) version of the song. But I cannot see the bass notes in your version of the song or in my incorrect, electric guitar version. I don't know what you are talking about when you refer to "program changes" and "double arrow" (and what I am supposed to delete). If you haven't yet run out of patience with me, please explain further.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/20/20 10:40 PM
See in the Piano Roll view it's set to the Bass track
and the View/Edit is set to Program
once you remove any instrument changes you just set it in the Mixer/Track to the instrument you want.
See as I move up/down to select the instrument to change to, it will set it to that instrument when the cursor passes otherwise it will use the default you set it to in the Mixer/Track menu.

FULL SCREEN then to zoom in to see what's happening use your ctrl+ mouse wheel

Attached picture BB-Delete-PC.gif
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: Import MuseScore to BB? - 11/21/20 02:22 AM
It took me awhile, Pipeline, but I think I finally got it! Thanks for your help (and your patience).
© PG Music Forums