PG Music Home
Hello the Team

My question may be stupid. But would it be possible for a user to have a tool to create their own realtracks that they could insert into Biab? And if so, what would be the rules to follow to have a good result. The number of measurements, the mistakes not to be made, etc.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
The answer is a resounding YES! UserTracks are RealTracks made by users or third parties. +++ HERE +++ is a webpage PG Music set up to provide guidance in how to make a UserTrack.

For a broad overview, you're going to create a folder containing a MGU or SGU song file, an audio file and two text files. Band-in-a-Box and RealBand treat the folder label as the name of the UserTrack. The programs pairs the chord sheet in the song file with the audio on the audio track you've recorded. The two text files provides descriptive information about your UserTrack.
Hi Jim,
Thank you for answering my question.
Take care of yourself

Kindly regard
Dercohette
alias JaniJackFlash
I wish you luck in creating your UserTracks. If you have any questions about creating them, please ask.

One important additional comment. There is a dedicated UserTracks window worth investigating. It allows you to focus exactly how a UserTracks will be used by the Band-in-a-Box and RealBand programs. The window is named the "UserTracks Settings" window. The window is stored as part of the SGU or MGU song file you create to pair with the audio file you recorded.

To access the UserTracks Settings window set the cursor at any bar within the chord sheet, press F5 to open the "Bar Settings" window and then press the "UserTracks Development" button to open the UserTracks Settings window.

The ONLY setting descriptions available are accessed by pressing the Help button.

I will also note that if you want feedback or desire to share a UserTracks, this forum section is the best place to discuss it or to include a link to it.

Description: F5 Bar Settings window with "UserTracks Development" button highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard01.png

Description: UserTracks Settings window with highlighted "Help" button.
Attached picture Clipboard02.png
Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your clear explanations. It's nice of you.

Take care of you
Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums