PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/04/21 04:41 PM
Hi Folks.
I want to share a Reggae rhythm guitar UserTrack with this community. I reached out to a member of the forum chulaivet1966 after listening to a couple of  his latest tunes that he recorded with guitarist Ken Lasaine.  Ken is not BIAB user, but agreed to take a small gig to record stems for the UserTrack.  Another prominent member of the forum, pipeline, advised me through the process and put together bits into a UserTrack. Project still needs more material and love, but I consider it as a good start. I think many people do not realize the potential that UserTracks offer. PGmusic does a decent job by offering a wide variety of genres/instrumental tracks, but there will almost always be something that one would  be hungry for. I intentionally  left stems of this UT unprocessed, to be adjusted for the project. You can use onboard PG branded AutoWah or flanger or others to spice it up within the mixer/plugin context.

Here are couple of fast test renderings  to show how this UT sounds within arrangement:

ReggaeUserTrk Test 1

One more:
ReggaeUserTrk Test 2

Here is UserTrack:

Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Reggae Ken01 Ev16 4-4 90bpm.zip

Unzip, copy whole folder to your bb/RealTracks/UserTracks folder.
To use this UserTrack, "Select UserTrack for this track" by right clicking mixer track, search word Ken, it should come up.
Use it as you wish.

Ken can play in various styles. He is fair, professional and records & delivers in a timely manner. His contact / website: https://www.kenlasaine.com/
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/04/21 07:43 PM
Very nice. Thanks to you, chulaivet1966 and Pipeline for putting this together. Impressive. I'd love to see more UserTracks submitted in this way.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/05/21 08:31 AM
Howdy Misha....

I'm very pleased you contacted Ken for what you wanted and were able to work together.
I was quite happy to help.

I have already mentioned how reasonable and easy it was to work with Ken.
I would recommend employing his talent and creativity in any music context.

I know nothing of creating "user tracks" so I may have to study up a bit. smile

Mornin' Charlie....

Thanks for chiming in and the kind comment.

Howdy Pipeline....

Many thanks to you also for the guidance you provided to accomplish what Misha wanted.

Have a great day everyone.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/05/21 10:37 PM
Collaboration, renewed interest in UserTracks and some good sounding UserTracks to add to my collection.

Thank you kind sirs for making my day!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/07/21 03:51 PM

Yeah,

I LOVE user tracks.

When I first got BIAB years ago this was the first feature I went nuts about.

On a particular manic/hyper day smile I picked a long chart in BIAB and recorded about 12 different guitars doing stuff I use a lot, various finger picking or personal strumming and "chunk a chunk" patterns I use on electric or acoustic backing parts on a lot of song styles.

My thought: why keep doing all this stuff over and over if you can do it once!!

It also struck me that I am going to be quite happy if I get to 100 and can hear how I used to play at the press of a button. Neat.

smile
Posted By: rayc Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/11/21 06:40 AM
Thanks Misha & Pipeline,
I've incorporated both into a project I already had up n running.
Now I won't have to play guitar for it but man, the bass is going to be hard work. The BIAB reggae bass is okay, but only just. Time to get some practise in.
The Ken track is cool & the Pipeline single note stuff fills a hole very well.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/12/21 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Thanks Misha & Pipeline, The Ken track is cool & the Pipeline single note stuff fills a hole very well.

G'day mate....

I'm glad to see Ken's track is well received and has generated some interest.
I haven't studied the "User Track" process but I'm threatening to check it out. smile

Have a great day...
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/29/21 10:19 PM
If you ever get Ken to do some more, what I thought would be good is some lead fills,
so if you hold all instruments and the same guitar with same FX plays a lead fill.
You would need to be able to generate a UT on the Util tracks and change the UserTrack to the same guitar but playing fills.

A good idea is any new ones get them to record DI also so when you change playing styles mid track the DI guitar will blend using the same added VSTFX.

You could also make another UserTrack that plays lead fills in the A and rhythm in the B.
The A UT can be made up with empty bars and bars with fills so it's not playing all the time.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 10/30/21 01:56 PM
Brilliant!!

I followed the instructions and saved the files to my user Tracks.
Brought up an existing BIAB project and added this new track.
Simple as Pie.

Sounds great!!
Thank you so much. Definitely something to use in the future.

Also illuminating as to the power of UserTracks.
Posted By: RoyReddy Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 11/01/21 07:33 PM
Terrific!!

I also saved the files to my user Tracks.
Brought up an existing BIAB project (Landslide) and added this new track.

Sounds cool!!
Thank you so much.

Also intrigues me to learn more about the creation of UserTracks.

What is required to collaborate on more UT?
thanks
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 12/14/21 06:30 PM
Really well done, Misha, chulaivet1966 and pipeline. Excellent tracks. Yes, User Tracks are often essential. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 12/20/21 08:29 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Really well done, Misha, chulaivet1966 and pipeline. Excellent tracks. Yes, User Tracks are often essential. Thanks for sharing.

Good morning Bapu....

It's good hear people are pleased with Ken's reggae tracks.

Have a great day everyone.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 02/07/22 05:54 PM
Hi Misha (have I told you my son's name is Misha?) Chulaivet and Ken,

We didn't know there were still people posting UserTracks.
We've been away from the forum a few years. There were quite some good UserTracks then.
Nice to find out they are still posted.
We've downloaded the zip and tried it out. Very nice!
Thanks for posting smile

Rob and Anne=Marie
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Rhythm Reggae Guitar UserTrack - 02/07/22 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Chulaivet and Ken, We didn't know there were still people posting UserTracks. We've downloaded the zip and tried it out. Very nice! Thanks for posting smile Rob and Anne=Marie

Well howdy Rob & Anne-Marie....

I'm still very ignorant of the 'User Tracks' process...what else is new! smile

I'm very pleased that Ken's tracks meet up with everyone's expectations and they are actually being employed (so to speak).

Thanks for chiming in and the kind words.

Hope all is well....have a great evening.
© PG Music Forums