PG Music Home
Posted By: Pat Marr indian flute - 12/21/13 09:17 PM
another highly useful real track would be any type of flute that has a lot of pitch bends accompanied by all the sonic variations that naturally go with wind instruments

It isn't hard to get the pitch bends with MIDI, but the lack of all the other nuances always make the end result less than desired
Posted By: balbuena Re: indian flute - 12/22/13 08:59 AM
bonjour je suis nouveau dans le forum oui ça serai une bonne idée par exemple flûte andine avec charango bombo guitare
de Bolivie Pérou Equateur etc.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: indian flute - 12/23/13 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: balbuena
bonjour je suis nouveau dans le forum oui ça serai une bonne idée par exemple flûte andine avec charango bombo guitare
de Bolivie Pérou Equateur etc.

Google French translation: Hello I am new to the forum so it will be a good idea for example with flute Andean charango guitar bombo
Bolivia Peru Ecuador etc..
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: indian flute - 12/24/13 07:07 PM
There was a great flute artist a few years back named Nicolas Gunn. I had three of his CDs and loved that south western flute sound. Would love to have that to offer in a song.

I guess i could learn a bit of it nah i can barely play the guitar!!!
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: indian flute - 03/24/14 09:39 PM
Pat,

I know a guy who manufactures native american flutes by hand. They are actually REALLY easy to play, but you kind of need to have one per key that you are interested in. Sort of like harmonicas.

I borrowed a few from him and could solo on them pleasantly (to my ear at least) without any previous real experience playing wind instruments except for the recorder in 5th grade.

I'm talking this type of instrument: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ9jt6U5tw

The tone is very pleasant, and again, I speak on personal authority, that they are very very easy to play. I would say even easier than recorder. Very little breath control is needed. With a recorder, I find i have to be very careful with diaphragm control (at least for a novice). Not so with this instrument.

-Scott
Posted By: solidrock Re: indian flute - 03/30/14 06:42 AM
http://www.varazuvi.com/varazuvi-indian-flute
Varazuvi Indian Flute™ is a 24 bit virtual instrument plugin designed to be used with your existing DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and host software. It features real recordings of an Indian Flute captured in high resolution 24 bit - 48khz sample rates for a fuller and more dynamic experience.

You have complete control over parameters such as attack, decay, sustain, release. volume and reverb in order to shape the sound exactly as you want it.

There are two octaves of multiple velocity layered samples, and includes three different playing styles, short, mid and long each recorded separately. This will allow you much more diversity and realism.

This is a free plugin and is a full version with no trial periods to get in the way of your creativity.
32bit, 64bit and Mac verson
*FEATURES
24 bit - 48khz sample rates
Six variable effects
32bit/64bit/Mac OS compatible
Multiple velocity layers
© PG Music Forums