PG Music Home
Posted By: ekihss bass tumbao part - 01/25/14 06:21 PM
Is there a real track with a stylistically correct mambo bass line or tumbao? I mean one where the bass plays on the "and" of beat 2 and on beat 4, with beat 4 playing the root of the chord in the next measure. The real track mambo bass that I have is not correct. I end up using the 2nd midi bass from the "McCoy Bossa" style when I want a real mambo bass line.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: bass tumbao part - 01/25/14 11:48 PM
Not sure if any of these are usable for you, but have you also reviewed any of the Reggae styles? You may find a bass part there that might work better.
Posted By: ekihss Re: bass tumbao part - 01/28/14 04:07 AM
I found nothing there. In a tumbao bass line, except for the first beat of the first bar, the bass is never playing on one. The accent is always on "four" and the "and" of two. This is very common in Latin music and I am surprised that BIAB has not addressed this issue.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: bass tumbao part - 01/28/14 04:59 PM
To Erik (the OP), if no one comes forward with a RealTrack that sounds right, I suggest you make a new request in the Styles and RealTrack Wishlist forum. This is a better place to get the attention of PG Music, and I think this kind of stylistic adjustment should be brought to their attention.

If you have an audio example you can link to in your post along with your description, that helps. I've had good luck over the years getting styles that I requested in this way.
Posted By: Icelander Re: bass tumbao part - 10/25/14 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: ekihss
Is there a real track with a stylistically correct mambo bass line or tumbao?
The pushed version of the Son Montuno 'Baby' bass comes to mind, if you haven't checked that one out yet. Might not be 100% right, but have a listen to it at the Realtracks page.
© PG Music Forums