PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Arpeggiated acordian - 06/27/16 03:01 PM
Look for a simple accordion part that can do arpeggios. Nothing fancy.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 06/28/16 12:19 PM
Don't have an accordian so I can't help in that way but, there are a few accordian players on the forum.

It might help the accordian players to know what chords you want, if you need swing or even time, about what tempo and the arpeggiation pattern(s) you want.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/08/16 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
It might help the accordian players to know what chords you want, if you need swing or even time, about what tempo and the arpeggiation pattern(s) you want.
This!
I could probably help, but there's just nothing of value provided by the OP to work with there smirk
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/14/16 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Don't have an accordian so I can't help in that way but, there are a few accordian players on the forum.

Hey Jim, I'm looking for stuff like That's Amore, in the Key of Bb with a swing-ish feel at around 140. Here a picture of my accordion example

Attached picture Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 1.24.37 PM (2).png
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/14/16 02:32 PM
I want the accordion sound to have a graceful sound to it, it should feel as though the accordion was an opera singer.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/14/16 02:53 PM
Islansoul,

Hopefully you're additional information will help an accordian to better understand your desire.

I always considered the recorded version of Dean Martin's "That's Amore" to be definitive. That version is a jaunty and joyful 3/4 time waltz.

That maybe troublesome because UserTracks do not support 3/4 time. The issue was first identified by Radiopoet and has been on PG Music's "things to fix" list since the UserTracks feature was introduced in 2014.

With PG Music releasing so many updates that fix issues first identified in the forum, I hope the trend will continue and the 3/4 UserTracks issue will be fixed.
Posted By: jford Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/15/16 01:34 PM
Islansoul -

Not meaning to hijack the thread (but I'm doing it anyway), I see you use Notion. How do you like it?

I've used (and own) Sibelius and Finale, but usually find myself back using Noteworthy Composer (because it's quick and does what I want and as with most things, it was the first notation program I learned), but I have found Notion to be a great notation program. It does things differently from the others, but once I figured that out, I find it pretty speedy as well.
Posted By: w Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/17/16 05:46 PM
Looking for the accordion bellow shakes.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/25/16 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
Islansoul -

Not meaning to hijack the thread (but I'm doing it anyway), I see you use Notion. How do you like it?

I've used (and own) Sibelius and Finale, but usually find myself back using Noteworthy Composer (because it's quick and does what I want and as with most things, it was the first notation program I learned), but I have found Notion to be a great notation program. It does things differently from the others, but once I figured that out, I find it pretty speedy as well.

I use Notion mainly fort sketching out ideas or writing parts out. You can compose full orchestra scores, and jazz pieces, but Notion isn't very advanced as Sibelius and Finale, but it's great. It's meant to be an easy a quick way to create scores. If you have the iOS version, it's basically the same thing as the computer version.
Posted By: jford Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/28/16 02:10 PM
Thanks, Islansoul! I don't have the iOS version, just the PC version. But that's good to know.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 07/29/16 09:57 PM
By the way, you have pay for additional instruments, if you to listen to them in Notion.
Posted By: jford Re: Arpeggiated acordian - 08/05/16 11:08 PM
I have to say that the first time I saw this thread, I misread the title. In my mind I thought, what the heck is an aggravated accordion? smile
© PG Music Forums