PG Music Home
Posted By: hoppysheba basic drum beat - 07/27/16 06:24 PM
I would like a basic drum beat: bass drum on beats one and three with the hi-hat on beats two and four. Nothing else happening on the drum track. I use the jazquint style a lot. The guitar is doing quarter beats. The bass is doing a two-beat or a four beat. Using this jazquint style, I turn off all tracks except bass, guitar and drums. It is very annoying when the BIAB drums has all of this extra stuff playing. The drum track is not the lead. Most of the time I simply turn off the drum track because it's not blending with the bass and guitar. It's being too soloistic. It needs to do the bass drum on one and three and the hi-hat on two and four only.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: basic drum beat - 07/28/16 01:45 AM
Try and open your song.SGU with Realband
click down the bottom on Metronome button
set beat 1,2,3,4 to the drum and velocity level you need
click Write to Track
mute the existing drum track

Another way, the piano roll window to the side of the metronome window I just manually edited the beats from JAZQUINT drums, then you can just copy n paste them along the track.

I could make a usertrack up for you but I think the above would be the easiest way.

There is a lot of helpful info on drums on this site http://www.realband.org/tutorial-utd.html

Attached picture Metronome Write.jpg
© PG Music Forums