Where's the zydeco?

Posted by: TexasMusicForge

Where's the zydeco? - 11/05/20 06:48 AM

One of the few glaring musical deficiencies here is the absence of Louisiana music besides a few New Orleans-related R&B sets. I, for one, would buy and use a few good zydeco sets. Ditto Cajun sets with a choice of waltzes and 4/4. A good accordion soloist option would be mighty fine, too, as lagniappe, if I'm making a wish list.

Laissez les faire les bon temps rouler, y'all, and thanks in advance if this catches the eye of anyone at PG Music.
Posted by: Jim Fogle

Re: Where's the zydeco? - 11/05/20 10:48 AM

+++ HERE +++ is a nice write-up about Zydeco.
Posted by: Pipeline

Re: Where's the zydeco? - 11/05/20 02:29 PM

Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion
Posted by: TexasMusicForge

Re: Where's the zydeco? - 11/06/20 07:52 AM

Thanks for the response, but all we've got here is a big, gaping hole and a number of folks who would like some enterprising soul at PG Music to fill it.

Jeez - trying to make Cajun and Creole music with existing MIDI and samples is a dog that won't hunt, it's got to be live musicians like a few good RealTracks sets.

This sure seems like a good business opportunity. Oh....was that a hint that I dropped?
Posted by: Pipeline

Re: Where's the zydeco? - 11/06/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasMusicForge
...This sure seems like a good business opportunity. Oh....was that a hint that I dropped?

You can contact some players directly like here
ReaTracks Artist Chris Nole UserTracks, and it could be a business opportunity for them.
Posted by: MovingAir

Re: Where's the zydeco? - 11/20/20 11:15 AM

There are a lot of styles that are under-represented with BIAB, especially something as regional as cajon and creole. However, that's just because there are a bajillion different styles and variations of those styles out there. There's no way the people at PG Music could keep up with everything.

But I do appreciate that they try, AND that they allow users to make their own tracks as well. That's fantastic.