PG Music Home
Posted By: jo59 LOOP - 03/18/21 06:08 PM
Hi everyone how do move the loop while playing two measures forward without stopping the music
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: LOOP - 03/19/21 06:30 PM
jo59,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box. As far as I know you can not move a loop. The default is a loop occupies all track bars.

You can use the F5 Bar Settings to mute the track at one bar and then return to normal at another bar later on.

Description: F5 Bar Settings Window Track settings displayed
Attached picture Clipboard01.png
Posted By: jo59 Re: LOOP - 03/20/21 07:01 PM
thanks maybe i didn't explain i have a loop of 2 midi measures i want to move the loop to the next 2 measures without stopping the music
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: LOOP - 03/21/21 04:08 PM
jo59,

I don't believe midi data can be moved while Band-in-a-Box is in playback mode. My understanding is Band-in-a-Box has a look ahead feature it uses to intelligently compile tracks. Moving midi data likely would create the need for tracks to be generated again.

Another constraint you may not be aware of is the Melody and Soloists tracks are the only two tracks that save user entered or imported midi. The other legacy tracks are reserved for midi data generated by a style. If you change midi data on one of the legacy tracks, other than the Melody or Soloist tracks) then the change will be lost during regeneration.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: LOOP - 04/25/21 10:54 AM
Correct, unless the track is frozen.
© PG Music Forums