PG Music Home
Posted By: HardwireSpeers I wish for: an improved live show UI - 11/26/21 08:11 PM
I understand the "favourites" list can be used for live shows, but it is a bit clunky to use in reality.

Yes, I could export audio files and do that but that loses one of the things I'd really like for live use which is being able to mute unneeded tracks for a gig. If I have a bass player (which I do now) I want to use it without the bass track. But if I'm doing a solo gig I want to have the bass guitar track playing. I use a Setlist app on my iPad and I could theoretically just add the audio file to that, but I don't have nearly enough space to do that on my iPad.

Ideally, there would be a "Setlist" function that allows you to start each song in a row, but not automatically go to the next song in case there's a broken string, a pause to make jokes or introduce the next song. Plus it should be able to have different setlists for different gigs and edit the setlist without having to rename all the files (THIS is a big one for me.)

One last thing that would be super useful is being able to use one of the midi footswitches that are used for page flipping on Setlist apps.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: I wish for: an improved live show UI - 12/25/21 10:58 AM
BiaB does have a set list based jukebox feature. It allow random play, list play advance by button, or a set amount of time.

Have you tried to do this in Real Band using it’s Juke box feature it allows you to control most of what you want. I have never tried a foot switch, but I did have it control through midi commands a TC Helicon harmonizer. At one time I had over 100 songs worked out in RB and it did a great job for me.

I believe if I remember correctly the RB feature allows space bar start up, maybe BiaB does as well. I’ll have to experiment a bit.
© PG Music Forums