PG Music Home
Posted By: Carolyne RB Tutor - 03/12/10 07:08 PM
Will pay for RealBand tutoring. I understand the basics but cannot embellish tunes. Specifically, have Realtracks follow a melody line in notation, upload tacks from CDs (my own)how to fill dead space . Also looking for tutorial on all the various effects on mixing and masering. I live in Central California, are there any Realband experts around?
Carolyne
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: RB Tutor - 03/12/10 10:17 PM
Carolyne,

Real Tracks will not follow any notation, the tracks generate based on the chord(s) input in the chord cells.

A CD track will be a single, stereo wave file. You can not load each instrument on the CD to its own track. You can load the CD song(s) as a wave file though. Each song will be its own stereo wave file/track.

Mixing and Mastering- Ray Thigpen did a tutorial video on mixing/mastering in Power Tracks, which is basically the same as the RB mixer and effects etc . . .

PG Music also has some video tutorials as well. They are listed under the "support" button at the top of this page.

Trax
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: RB Tutor - 03/13/10 03:50 PM
Hi Carolyne,

I do Music Software tutoring (BIAB, Reason, Pro Tools, Sonar, Finale, Sibelius, Mixing & Mastering, etc)

I use Skype and Teamviewer, which allows me to see your screen, move your mouse, etc in real time, while I'm explaining everything.

However, I am currently not using Real Band, so I would not be able to help you much there. May I suggest that you repost under the Real Band Forum?

If I can help you with either Band in a Box, or with Mixing & Mastering, please contact me.
Ed
Posted By: toucher Re: RB Tutor - 03/13/10 03:53 PM
Carolyne,

Check your private message folder, I am in Central CA.

Rob
Posted By: avatars_the_titletrack Re: RB Tutor - 04/09/10 11:01 AM
hi Carolyne. Unfortunately this is one limitation of Realtracks. Realtracks don't work like MIDI does, which is what you still need to do what you have suggested.
Realtracks are better suited to the rhythm section....but if you want to write your own solos and melodies, you still need standard MIDI sounds. It's very important to know the difference and advantages and disadvantages of each
Posted By: WillCooper Re: RB Tutor - 11/26/10 06:10 AM
I am a songwriter with M.S. My hands make it difficult to play guitar effectively anymore. I purchased BITB and Realband and am trying to use the record vocal function with little success. I'm also using Behringer's Podcastudio interface for sound. My vocals are recorded but faint and without volume. Do you have any suggestions?
Posted By: DrDan Re: RB Tutor - 11/26/10 03:22 PM
Quote:

I am a songwriter with M.S. My hands make it difficult to play guitar effectively anymore. I purchased BITB and Realband and am trying to use the record vocal function with little success. I'm also using Behringer's Podcastudio interface for sound. My vocals are recorded but faint and without volume. Do you have any suggestions?

Will, you aer in the wrong forum here. Move you message over to the BIAB or RT forum and you will get more traffic. Also specify if you are using BIAB for recording or RB as the set up is a little different. someone will know the Podcastudio and provide suggestions.
Posted By: WillCooper Re: RB Tutor - 11/26/10 08:13 PM
Ok. Thanks
© PG Music Forums