PG Music Home
Posted By: farkenzi iPad/iPhone app melody question - 12/18/10 05:24 PM
With respect to BIAB files that include both melody and chords that you load onto your iPad/iPhone with the 99 cent app, does the iPad/iPhone display both the melody and the chords, or chords only?
Posted By: bharris Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 12/19/10 03:01 PM
I just loaded the app and do not hear the melody in the tracks I have transferred.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 12/20/10 06:53 AM
Hi farkenzi,

The iphone App only shows the Chord screen.

By the way, the melody doesn't transfer to the App BUT if you copy the Melody to the Soloist it will play.

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: farkenzi Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 12/21/10 10:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, folks. You know, it'd be n ice to have both the melody and chords displayed in the iPad app; that would be more useful for using in gigging situations AND also make it more useful than the otherwise wonderful irealbooks app.
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 07/24/11 12:29 AM
I would LOVE to see an iPad / Android version of a stripped down BIAB that just did the notation display / transpose. The BIAB format has a HUGE selection of tunes, and there is nothing out there that comes close currently. Everybody is struggling with .PDF versions of fakebooks, and printing to .PNG and PDF.

I am waiting for Lenovo to come out with a Win 7 tablet so my company will buy me one.
Posted By: DrRock Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 11/22/11 01:10 AM
I would love to see a proper iPad app to take advantage of the bigger screen.

Also, for those of us stuck in the Mac ecosystem, the ability to work with, or sync to, BIAB for Mac would be wonderful.

The ability to create or work with even just chord sheets on the iPad would be great.
Posted By: foxylady Re: iPad/iPhone app melody question - 01/18/12 09:51 AM
I've found that the melody often comes across when I didn't want it!

I'm using BIAB 2012, which may make a difference.

I use BIAB to produce jazz leadsheets, so the melody and chords are all there in the file, but for practice purposes I just want the accompaniment. On my laptop, I just "mute" the melody track, but if I save the song in the "BB2Go" folder, and generate the .mp4 file there, what's transferred to my iPad has the melody still present. I can then use Set.=>Volume=>Melody to "Off" on the iPad, and re-generate the mp4 file to get what I want.
© PG Music Forums