PG Music Home
Posted By: Black6host Essential Blues Guitar 101 Riffs Vol 2 - 12/25/10 06:11 PM
Hi All, and Merry Christmas!

I have Essential Blues 101 Riffs and I really like it. The tab is accurate. I also purchased the Rock 101 riffs and the tab does not match what is being played. It has the basics but is missing ghost notes, slides, etc.

I am considering purchasing Vol 2 of the Blues series. Can anyone comment on this program? I'm an intermediate(or slightly less) player overall but just starting out with blues type playing. I've been able to do pretty well on the riffs I've tried, I've a lot more ground to cover but I'd like to learn a whole song which is why I'm considering Vol 2 of the Blues series. Any comments appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Fleet
I have both vol 1 and 2 of the blues series. If you like vol 1, then I strongly recommend vol 2. Many of the ideas are the same, but they are fleshed out in bigger and fuller arrangements. You will be pleased. There are a couple of places where the tab is slightly wrong in both vol 1 and vol 2, but the problems are trivial. In every case I can think of, it's a simple matter of the correct note being annotated, but the position is different from what Danny Casavant used. This is not a big deal and it only happens a few times.

I'm interested in your experience with the Rock video lessons. In spite of the errors, do you find the 101 riffs a worthwhile package?

John
© PG Music Forums