PG Music Home
Posted By: Tom0016 JG tab+fretboard not transposing - 11/06/08 09:41 PM
Just noting that while changing key affects the pitch of any track played back, the tab and fretboard readout remain in the original key - making the feature a bit useless (sorry!)

is there any way around this or update available?

thanks,
Tom
Posted By: Tom0016 Re: JG tab+fretboard not transposing - 11/06/08 09:46 PM
I have build 73, the latest, I should add.

Also, this is otherwise a fantisic bit of software.
Hello Tom,

If you are referring the Video Guitar Lessons, then no - we only have transcriptions available in the one key.
Posted By: Tom0016 Re: JG tab+fretboard not transposing - 11/08/08 11:35 AM
Hi Andrew

My post referred to the midi feature in Jazz guitar masterclass. The sounds changes key but visually only the notes adjust, not the tab/fretboard visual. I only mention it as it was presumably designed so exercises could be learned thourougly, by transposing.

with best regards
Tom
Hello Tom,

I see - yes, that is intentional so that the tab remains accurate. If it tried to change the tab, it would lead to incorrect/impossible guitar playing.
Posted By: David Walker Re: JG tab+fretboard not transposing - 07/08/09 05:58 PM
Andrew,
Can he take the song in question from the Jazz guitar Master Class DVD and insert it into BB? There, he would be able to change the tabs.
Posted By: David Walker Re: JG tab+fretboard not transposing - 07/12/09 10:03 PM
Well, I am at my computer at home and I imported Midi song 133 from the Jazz Master DVD into Real Band. I was able to change keys and keep the integrity of the tableture. Great program. if you don't have Real Band, BB should do but you can see the midi tracks in Real Band.
© PG Music Forums