PG Music Home
Hi, I'm sure there's a simple way to accomplish this ... and I'm not a novice with computers though I'm sure there's a lot I don't know.

I saw that there's an Android app for BIAB and I installed that on my smart phone.

In order for me to get any further I have to have a Server Connection ... and this is where I'll need some assistance.

I'm running Windows 8.1. The coaxial cable comes from the wall to my modem and then to my wifi router and then to the computer.

My first hurdle is 'Please enter server host name or IP address.

I was hoping this would as easy as a wifi connection or a Bluetooth connection. I've tried various IP addresses ... and I know they're good but I can't get any further. (I've used the IP address that my smart phone tells me it uses ... 192.168.0.102 ... but doesn't get me any further.)

I've tried what my 'server host name' supposedly is (after Googling this and being told) ... 541xxx4.cm-5-8a.dynamic.ziggo.nl (with three x's to hide my real 'name') ... nothing.

I keep receiving the same error message no matter what I try ... failed to connect to ... (port6789) after 15000ms:isConnected failed:ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

Any concrete advice? Thanks in advance, Dave Horne
Dave,

The server is an "exe" file that runs on the computer where Band-in-a-Box (BiaB)or RealBand(RB)runs. The server passes communication between the iPad or Android app and the Band-in-a-Box or RealBand programs.

Many people misunderstand the app as it is not a slimmed down standalone application. Instead either BiaB or RealBand must be running on your main computer while information is passed between your desktop and the app.

++ HERE ++ is a link with videos that explains the "exe" file and provides the most up-to-date version of the server file.
© PG Music Forums