PG Music Home
Posted By: Crooner GPO Volume - 01/07/16 03:23 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes. I'm using one of the instruments from GPO (muted trumpet) for the melody track on a BIAB song (2014 version).
The volume is fine for several bars then it fades out and becomes very soft. After several more bars it returns to normal for a couple of bars then fades out again. It doesn't do this when I don't use a plug in. It also doesn't do it when I use Coyote WT or Coyote Forte as the plug in instrument. How can I fix this?
Crooner
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: GPO Volume - 01/07/16 05:01 PM
Hi Crooner,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with GPO. Are you referring to Garritan Personal Orchastra? Is it possible you have a midi change controller oscillating? You can use the midi event editor for that track to look at what's on the track.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: GPO Volume - 01/07/16 07:08 PM
GPO (and all Garrtian libs) doesn't use CC7 or CC1 like other synths or as users have been conditioned/accustomed.

It uses CC1 (mod wheel) as a volume controller!

you need to go into the MIDI event list and set all CC 1's to 127 (for the MIDI channel(s) using GPO) or delete all the CC 1's and add one at beginning set to 127 (CC1=127). And realize if you use your mod wheel on an attached device on that channel doing playback it will impact volume

That's the brute force quick solution - if you NEED modulation (what use to be CC 1) you'll need to use other CC's and or key switches

Good Luck
Larry
Posted By: Crooner Re: GPO Volume - 01/08/16 12:22 AM
Hi Jim,
Yes, I mean the Garritan Personal Orchestra. With the help you and Larry provided I solved the problem.
Thank you grin
Posted By: Crooner Re: GPO Volume - 01/08/16 12:26 AM
Hi Larry,
Thank you. Now I've learned how the event editor works. Problem solved. smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: GPO Volume - 01/08/16 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Crooner
Hi Jim,
Yes, I mean the Garritan Personal Orchestra. With the help you and Larry provided I solved the problem.
Thank you grin

Crooner,

I'm glad you have your issue sorted.

Larry Kehl has always provided knowledgeable advice about Garritan products. The non standard use of change controller (cc) commands seem to be a big gotcha' each year.

I hope to try Garritan's products someday.
© PG Music Forums