PG Music Home
Posted By: bogart New Orleans Pianist - 08/10/16 01:37 PM
I have a copy of New Orleans Pianist that I purchased from PG Music several years ago. It is installed on my old Win XP computer that isn't used anymore. I want to install it on my Win 7 computer but I can't seem to get it to install. I have the floppies, but no floppy drive in my Win 7 machine. I know that the songs are all MIDI files, so I can install them but I would like to install the whole program. Anyone know how I can go about this?

Thank you

Bogart
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New Orleans Pianist - 08/10/16 02:06 PM
Rightclick on the installer, select compatability mode tab, select Windows XP SP2 or 3 compatabilty mode, select okay then install.
Posted By: bogart Re: New Orleans Pianist - 08/10/16 04:30 PM
I should have mentioned that my floppy drive on the XP machine doesn't work, so I have to use an external hard drive to do any transfers. That is how I got the MIDI files out of the XP machine and onto the external drive. I don't see any installer.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New Orleans Pianist - 08/11/16 11:41 AM
Contact PG Music Sales Support via chat, email or telephone. They may have a download link for the program.
Posted By: jford Re: New Orleans Pianist - 08/15/16 01:47 PM
If it's a 16-bit application, you will not be able to run it in 64-bit Windows 7.

I don't know if PGMusic has created a new installer for that particular program, but you might want to contact them. They have updated installers for some of their other content-rich programs.
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: New Orleans Pianist - 08/18/16 03:46 PM
I called tech support when this happened to me. They provided a patch which got me running in Win 7.
© PG Music Forums