PG Music Home
I've had BIAB 2014 for awhile now, and would like to transfer backing track files for use in the BIAB for iPad app. (I don't want to edit the the files on the iPad - just transfer completed backing tracks from my Windows PC (using Dropbox) so they play and display the chord sheet on the iPad).

After installing the app and trying to load one of my BIAB files from Dropbox, I get a prompt for an IP address. <?> Where do I find the IP address to type in here? (And why is an IP address even needed?)

...And is there anything else for me to know in order to do what I want?

Thanks!
Hi Newbert,

Take a look at ++ THIS ++ page. On the bottom of the page are three videos that detail using BiaB for Windows and the IPhone App.

The short description is: on your Windows computer you run a BiaB server program that acts as a network interface between your Windows computer and your Apple product. Your Apple product and Band-in-a-Box communicate over your Wi-Fi network.
Hi Newbert,

You can use DropBox to transfer the files to the iPad, but you'll want to prepare them first, by generating MP4 files using the BB2Go dialog, and send the song files to the iPad in a ZIP file with the MP4 files included. That way you don't need to connect to BB Server at all.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Newbert,

You can use DropBox to transfer the files to the iPad, but you'll want to prepare them first, by generating MP4 files using the BB2Go dialog, and send the song files to the iPad in a ZIP file with the MP4 files included. That way you don't need to connect to BB Server at all.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent, Could you be a bit more specific? I'd prefer using Dropbox, so.....The files need to be MP4? MP3 won't work?

If that's the case, exactly where do I find the BB2Go dialog box to generate the MP4 files?

Finally, is it required to send them to Dropbox as a zip?

Thanks!
Originally Posted By: newbert
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Newbert,

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Kent, Could you be a bit more specific? I'd prefer using Dropbox, so.....The files need to be MP4? MP3 won't work?

If that's the case, exactly where do I find the BB2Go dialog box to generate the MP4 files?

Finally, is it required to send them to Dropbox as a zip?

Thanks!

Sorry for all the questions....I've got it figured out and working.

Thanks!
Hi Newbert,

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now (the Other Programs forum doesn't see a lot of action). smile

I'm glad you got it working, please let us know if you run into any hiccups.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
"(I don't want to edit the the files on the iPad - just transfer completed backing tracks from my Windows PC (using Dropbox) so they play and display the chord sheet on the iPad)."

If you had biab 2015-6 you can save them to video to play on the iPad/Android/Win tablets, so you will have the chord sheet and the audio.
Mm, I never understood why this app hasn't really been supported and promoted in a way that users really can enjoy it.

It's easy:
1.The app needs a .zip file as input.
2.The background sound needs to be of .m4a input format NOT a mp4 which won't function. You can save the .m4a from your PC BIAB program.
3. You can import the .zip file from your email (only for iPad, iPhone)
4. You can import the .zip file from Dropbox or from Google Drive within the app.

At Android you cannot import the .zip file from your email. This is quite stupid. PG music is really missing the boat by not giving more attention to this usefull application.

Rob
© PG Music Forums