PG Music Home
I finally made the jump and I purchased BIAB 2016. I also had purchased BIAB 2008 and various extra packages but they were not installed on this machine (the old machine is long dead).

I got a surprise when after installing the master class my BIAB reverted to the 2008 edition.

Before I make a mess again, is there a trick for using both at the same time? From what I gather the Master classes install BIAB as well, not just the class files.

Can I install them in a different folder and will that override my 2016 version again or will I just have 2 versions of BIAB?

Thank you for your help
Originally Posted By: conticreative
I finally made the jump and I purchased BIAB 2016. I also had purchased BIAB 2008 and various extra packages but they were not installed on this machine (the old machine is long dead).

I got a surprise when after installing the master class my BIAB reverted to the 2008 edition.

Before I make a mess again, is there a trick for using both at the same time? From what I gather the Master classes install BIAB as well, not just the class files.

Can I install them in a different folder and will that override my 2016 version again or will I just have 2 versions of BIAB?

Thank you for your help

Welcome to the forums.

Jazz Piano MasterClass is a completely separate program. It's difficult to understand how only installing this somehow installed 2008 BiaB.

Also, did you mean you just purchased 2016 BiaB or 2017 BiaB (which has been available since December 01, 2016)?

Maybe MasterClass installed some legacy link to launch an older BiaB version, but the $29 MasterClass did not include BiaB 2008 AFAIK.

You should install 2016(2017?) BiaB in the C:\bb\ folder. Maybe install Masterclass first and then install BiaB.

Do note though that the MasterClass programs have a 'similar' presentation to some of the screen layouts in earlier version of BiaB. They look like, but are not BiaB. Could that be the confusion?

BiaB 2017 will have a desktop launch icon like this:

Attached picture 2017-01-08_23-24-31.jpg
It may install some Band-in-a-Box song files for practice into your bb folder. But it shouldn't have otherwise affected your Band-in-a-Box version - maybe it found an older version Band-in-a-Box installed on your computer and put the files in that folder.
© PG Music Forums