PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/14/18 07:08 AM
hello
i bought the omnipak of biab(with all the added software) around 18 years ago.
i havent used these software programs in a long time but decided i would like to get to know them again,my problem is that they are all on c/d and i dont have a c/d player. is there anywhere to download this software as exe files from biab.

my account goes back to 2014 and my original omnipak purchase is not in my download options.
Posted By: MarioD Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/14/18 09:55 AM
If they are not downloadable then another option is an external CD player. They are very inexpensive on this side of the big pond.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/14/18 01:32 PM
I would contact PG Music sales support. They may be able to provide a link to the files you need. From what I can tell, sales has a record of every purchase you've made. At least that has been the case for me so far.

Another option would be to take your CDs to a computer store and ask them to copy the files on the CDs to a USB memory stick. Or perhaps you have a friend that can copy the files.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/14/18 09:29 PM
I guarantee the installers on those discs won't work on a new machine, even if you get them onto your computer using a thumb drive. smile

Paulpaul, if you send us an email at sales@pgmusic.com, we'll be happy to add download links to your online account.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: paulpaul Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/15/18 02:02 AM
Thanks evveryone for replies.
Kent at pg.. i will do that,thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/15/18 06:59 PM
Perhaps I’m missing something, but I don’t see why you would need to go back to find 18-year old files (unless they are your own songs, in which case you don’t run an installer). To my knowledge, PG Music doesn’t remove anything, just adds and patches. Since you have BIAB 2018, thete’s nothing you had then that you don’t have now. The exception would be Bonus Paks you bought, and songs or styles you created.
Posted By: jford Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/17/18 07:42 AM
Matt, I think the problem is that some of the music apps on that old OmniPak CD (which would contain literally everything PGMusic had to offer at the time) probably still had legacy 16-bit installers, which at the time Would work on 32-bit WinXP. Won't work on any 64-bit O/S.

The problem isn't accessing the music compositions, but the applets that run them. Over time, I've received updated installers for the "other-than-BIAB/RB" software I've purchased from PGMusic.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/20/18 02:59 AM
Matt

when i bought the omnipak way back in 2000 it was through the post and everything was on c/ds
they included all the performance series,oscar peterson piano,the master class series, the multi media series master class series........all of which are extras to any biab purchase exept for omnipak
i never registered my 2000 biab so i couldnt download the updated software programs.didnt have a cd player and all my old stuff was on cd .
i just wanted to play around with the software again, im a sax player so the rock sax and jazz sax are of particular interest, no point in having all that good tutorial stuff in the attic.always stuff to learn.
anyway pg music have kindly sorted me with the updated exe files and im enjoying the stuff one more time.
Posted By: jford Re: rock sax plus other c/d software - 09/20/18 10:12 AM
Quote:
i never registered my 2000 biab so i couldnt download the updated software programs.didnt have a cd player and all my old stuff was on cd .

Actually, back then, they didn't have the download capability like they do now. There was no "online account". They could send you links for specific downloads (which Kent has offered), but I don't believe these old programs will appear in your account.

I remember reporting that some of those special libraries did not display properly when Windows 7 came out (worked fine in Windows XP). PGMusic updated the programs and provided new installers to patch the program to work properly.

I would definitely take them up on the offer of downloading the necessary installers. Hopefully, they will be fully self contained with the entire program (not needing to refer to content on the CD, since you don't have a CD driver). If you do need the CD for some reason, then I would suggest you find a friend with a CD/DVD on their computer who can convert it to an ISO file (IMGBurn does a nice job of that). From there, you can install a virtual CD driver on your computer (I use DVDFab Virtual Drive - it's free. You can then mount the ISO on your computer as if it were a physical CD/DVD drive.

And while you're at it, why not virtualize any other CD's you might need. Just save the ISO files to a USB drive.
© PG Music Forums