PG Music Home
Posted By: Ray7071 The Pianist - 12/22/18 09:35 PM
Hi Guys, I have the original PG Music Prog 'The Pianist which came with Classical Piano 215 Midi Files.

Later about 800 more such files were released but by the time I went to obtain these PG Music had discontinued the whole series including the original prog.

If anybody has the whole series and doesn't use it anymore, I will be happy to purchase the program (or just the midi files) from you for a sensible price.

If you prefer to talk to me outside the PG Music forum my email is ray.kinzler@talktalk.net

Thanks,

Ray7071
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: The Pianist - 12/23/18 01:37 PM
Ray,

Try contacting PG Music Sales support. I'm sure they can provide the missing files to you.

If you have not purchased product since 2014 you may want to create an online account so they can add the download link to your account.

I noticed in the webpage header that both online chat and the toll free telephone number are presently open.
Posted By: Ray7071 Re: The Pianist - 12/26/18 02:10 PM
Thanks Jim, just contacted the sales team but the files are no longer available directly from PG Music. Maybe somebody here will be able to help me or I might have luck on the web.

Bye for now.

Ray7071
Posted By: w Re: The Pianist - 04/11/19 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Ray7071
Thanks Jim, just contacted the sales team but the files are no longer available directly from PG Music. Maybe somebody here will be able to help me or I might have luck on the web.

Bye for now.

Ray7071

I may be able to help you if you send me PM ( private message ) .
Posted By: mattpf Wanted: The Pianist Classic Volume 6 - 04/17/19 02:56 PM
If anyone out there has a copy of The Pianist Classic Volume 6
I would be willing to pay top dollar. Volume 6 was only available
for a a few months during 2000-2001 before the series was discontinued. I only just recently found out a volume 6 has been released and would
like to get ahold of it. It contains mostly early French midis. The midis are numbered 887-1087.

Thanks
matt
Posted By: DrDan Re: Wanted: The Pianist Classic Volume 6 - 04/23/19 09:11 PM
I don't believe that program runs on any modern operating system?? Do you have a working copy of the program?
Posted By: mattpf Re: Wanted: The Pianist Classic Volume 6 - 04/25/19 11:47 AM
It runs on Windows 3.1 under Dosbox emulator.

Matt
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The Pianist - 10/02/19 03:35 AM
These could be made into a Java GUI or an HTML page that will play the local midi files and read the song/midi number from the text files. These will then work on Mac/Win.
I think the pics could be updated, they must be contained in the exe file as I can't see then in the folder.

Here's some updated ones that work on Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit)
Pianist Performance Series
Featuring the piano styles of today in over 250 "live-to-MIDI" performances by top contemporary pianists.

Quote:
@011 Latest Gossip Blues. Against a single-note boogie bass that reaches up to the b7, the county style blues right hand four octaves higher declaims in discreet statements, almost like two old biddies gossiping across the fence. The right hand line becomes more continuous and soon the left hand moves into two-note chords in shuffle rhythm. When the left hand returns to the original pattern, the right hand keeps getting denser-as the gossip get juicier. Level of difficulty: 3. Pianist: Henry Butler. Picture of John Lee Hooker.

Attached picture DOSBoxW31.png
Attached picture DOSBoxW31-Pianist.png
© PG Music Forums