PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/20/19 01:39 PM
This issue has been going on for awhile but I'm finally annoyed enough to report the issue.

Many times while scrolling I'll come across messages that have been updated. When I click on such a post the screen opens to the first, unread post.

Unfortunately,the top of the post is chopped off! I have to use my mouse to reposition the post to be able to read the post. The screen shots below illustrate my complaint.

My computer is Windows 7 Home Edition and my browser is Firefox.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard03.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/21/19 10:56 AM
Jim, I am having the same issue. It's not a show stopper but it sure is a PITA.

PS - I am using Firefox also.
Hi,

Thanks - this should work better now.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/22/19 09:29 PM
Andrew,

The forum thread posts seem to be positioning properly now. I've looked at multiple threads and each has opened at the first, unread post and each post is positioned so I can see the top of the post. Thank you for quickly correcting the issue!

Mario,

How is the forum working for you now?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/23/19 10:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Andrew,

The forum thread posts seem to be positioning properly now. I've looked at multiple threads and each has opened at the first, unread post and each post is positioned so I can see the top of the post. Thank you for quickly correcting the issue!

Mario,

How is the forum working for you now?

It is working perfectly now.

Thanx for fixing this!
Posted By: mbsmike Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/25/19 02:10 AM
Unfortunately now on my iPad all threads default to the first post? In other words it doesn't go to the first of the unread posts.

Seems this began happening about the same time this threads issue said fixed.

Bummer!

Mike
Posted By: jford Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/26/19 05:06 PM
I'm getting the same thing - it doesn't go to the "new" post, but to the first post in the series and then have to scroll to find the new material, but having to review existing material to see if already read.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/26/19 10:27 PM
Unfortunately the problem has returned.

Posted By: mbsmike Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/27/19 01:21 AM
+1 John!

Hope they can fix it soon. Takes WAY longer to read forum.....as I do every night.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/27/19 11:12 AM
Jim, it has returned here also.

{Edit} A little experimenting has shown that on a new message everything is fine but when opening a message that has been read the problem happens. In other words I can open a new message and all is well. If I close that message then reopen it the problem happens. Weird!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 03/28/19 10:51 PM
Mario,
Perhaps an important clue. I had not noticed the distinction until you mentioned it. Thanks for the additional description!

These issues should be fixed now for all browsers.
Posted By: mbsmike Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 04/06/19 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
These issues should be fixed now for all browsers.

Thanks Andrew! Just noticed that tonight.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Trouble Viewing Unread Forum Messages - 04/06/19 07:24 PM
Andrew,

As of today, April 06, 2019 I'm continuing to experience issues with the first unread message aligning correctly while using up-to-date Firefox.

I don't know why that would be. Try refreshing using Ctrl+F5?
© PG Music Forums