PG Music Home
I have Band in a Box 10 with Real Tracs and Bluegrass Band. I would like to copy a song from Bluegrass Band into my Band in a Box library so I can do more with it than just play it. Is it possable to do so? If so, how do I go about copying it and moving it?
I'm not familiar with the bluegrass band program. But I am really getting into bluegrass lately. Is it midi files in that program? I'd have to see the song file, to know what to tell you with any certainty.
Bluegrass Band is a PG Music program. I don't know if they still market it, but it has about twenty songs and seems to be in the sameformat as Band in a Box, except you can't do much except change the tempo in that program and manipulate the sound output. It does use a Midi format but I can't have both programs open at the same time because they compete with each other for the same sound card. I've been using Band in a box for over a decade and it makes a really good crutch. There are so few people where I live that it is almost impossable to get even a small group together to play, and then they usually aren't very interested in bluegrass or old time country. With out BB, I would just be playing along with the trees or the wall.
The Bluegrass Band comprises a bunch of midi files. You may thus open these Midi files in BB and have fun. You may have more fun, though, if you opened these files via RB.
Sierrabees, you have a pvt message.
>>>...Bluegrass Band is a PG Music program. I don't know if they still market it...>>>

I am just about certain that PG Never made a program called "The Bluegrass Band," reagardless of what you see on the link above.

PG does have an ecellent program called "Flatpick Guitar Solos." This consists of about 50 MIDI files of Bluegrass standards. Sometimes these files are included in the bundle that comes with BiaB. You might have it an not know it. Go to your C:\BB folder and look for "BGFAKE" or "Bluegrass Fakebook." These are the same song files as in the "Flatpick" program without the interface.
Quote:

I am just about certain that PG Never made a program called "The Bluegrass Band," reagardless of what you see on the link above.

Take it from the -> Source

"In the middle '90s, I pooled my bluegrass and MIDI chops to produce PG Music's Bluegrass Band software."
Listen to this man..he knows...
MartinB
Did PG Music offer it with their special Christmas deals?
Can Bluegrass band export? If so export as midi and import to bb or rb
© PG Music Forums