PG Music Home
Hi,

While some of my old versions PG Music (Other Products) did runs in Windows XP and 7, 32 bit, I don't have the same luck now with Windows 7 and 10 - 64 bit. For example Pianist Performance Series which are 4 programs: Latin Pianist, Modern Jazz Pianist, Blues Pianist, New Age Pianist, all of them throw a compatibility error that cannot be solved with any of the backward compatibility settings of Windows 64 when try to run the installers or the program itself (copied from a W32 previous installation)

I think the versions I have are too old since I checked the actual product page and it read: System Requirements for Windows, Windows® XP / Vista / 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 or 64-bit)

Is there a way to solve the 64 bit compatibility issue or is a must update those applications? In that case how can I update them?
The ones that interest to "rescue" the most are Pianist Performance Series, Jazz guitar and Jazz Soloist.

NOTE: Installers have the same problem, so what I did was copy the original programs installation folders from Windows 32 to Windows 64.

Carlos
Hello,

They are 32-bit and should work on any Windows PC. You must have a really old version. Please PM me and we'll fix it.
Dear Andrew,

I have similar problems.

I am using Band in a Box since Version 5 (at that time on Atari) and have a collection of Bonus CDs that came with my Megapaks 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Now I am at UltraPak 2020 (before Ultrapak 2018 and 2019) and awaiting the German Version made available by m3c.
This aforementioned Bonus disc are useless meanwhile, as far as I understand because there is no 16Bit subsystem any longer in Windows 10.
But I still would like to use a small part of them. That would be:
- Copy Me Piano- Volume 1 Basics, Harmony and comping
- Jazz Piano MasterClass with miles Black Disc two
I started playing the piano recently and bought the Beginner Piano MasterClass Volume 1 to replace the useless Bonus disc I already had and bought the Blues Pianist Volume 1.

I would be more than happy if PG Music could replace “Copy Me Piano- Volume 1” and “Jazz Piano MasterClass” with working Versions.
Is there a way?

Best Regards
Hello,

- CopyMe is not a standalone program - it consists of files you open within Band-in-a-Box and they are found in the 'Songs and Lessons\CopyMe' folder.

- For the Jazz Piano MasterClass, you can update it to the latest build here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/support_masterclass.htm
I did that and it worked out fine. Thank you.
That such old stuff is still supported and I got a free update is a kind of service that is unusuall this days.

To buy this new would have been a small amount, but it is the spirit that matters.
Highly appreciated.
© PG Music Forums