PG Music Home
I hesitate to raise such a mundane matter, having glanced at other recent posts.......
I'm gradually using RealBand more, mainly as I find VSTi's and VST's I'd like to use. Over time, my screen is getting cluttered with these sub (specific function) windows parked along the bottom. Most of them I have not deliberately opened, or ever used. But the thing is, they seem to be immune to the close 'X' button. And going to Windows>Close all has no effect either.
I obviously need guidance (a) how to get rid of them and (b) how not to trigger them !
Sincerely
Ian Graham
Wales UK
Hello idgraham, could you clarify which windows these are, or upload a screenshot of them?
Hallo, Simon

There are currently 7 in all. Maximising them in turn I find they are:
Classic Tracks View
Bars
Tempo Map
Sysex
Guitar
Mixer
Meter Map
The Mixer is probably my default view. The others I have never actually used. I may have invoked them involuntarily.
And here's the thing: all present with the standard Windows 'x' to close - but they don't close when that is clicked. They just 'park' at the bottom of the screen, just their topbars visible.

Sincerely
Ian G.
i think that's normal - it has never bothered me. you'll find its a quick way of switching windows when you perform various tasks. i think in RB its probably designed that way because the windows are all likely to be used and having them 'parked' means instant access.

an even quicker way of changing windows is the icons on the view bar. apart from tidiness why would you want to delete them?
by the way you'd be better posting in the RealBand forum

smile

and if they really annoy you drag the bottom of the open window down to cover them
The minimized window headers are hidden from view when the window in use is maximized. I don't believe there is a way to actually delete the window headers.
Thank you, everyone!
© PG Music Forums