PG Music Home
Posted By: Walther Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/08/09 11:19 AM
Hi all,
I am trying to use my Master Class programs now on my new notebook running Vista.
I noticed that the program windows are not displayed correctly. Some of the window regions overlap and, thus, some text boxes are not accessible any longer.

Did anybody experience the same problem?

I purchased the Jazz Guitar Master Class programs a couple of years ago and also installed the provided patches. But these didn't cure the problem either.

Thanks for any tip

Walther
Posted By: Mac Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/08/09 12:56 PM
Might be OS screen display settings doing this.

Control Panel, Display and experiment with different screensize/resolutions and check the display with each one.

Older program and some of the newer display sizes may just be having a catfight...

Worth a try and you can always just change to known working setting just when you want to use this program, then change back for everything else. Ex: Things may look klunky at an "older' setting like 800X640, but it may display the stuff visible.

--Mac
Posted By: jford Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/08/09 06:28 PM
I reported this about two years ago (although the link within the link is no longer valid, as it's too old; they had promised to fix it, but I haven't seen it yet. It looks fine in XP, just it cuts off the buttons in Vista. And it's all the master class programs, as well as Guitar Star (if I remember correctly).

But it shouldn't keep you from using it. It just looks funny, but still works (at least on my machine, it does).
Posted By: Walther Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/10/09 08:46 AM
Thanks Mac. But I tried already all combinations, also the XP compatibility mode. But nothing helps.
Posted By: Walther Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/10/09 08:53 AM
Yes, it is a shame. PGMusic still offers these programs and I wonder whether those show the same defects.
I would even pay for an update, if I could be sure to get a program in full working order.

I do not know whether somebody from PGMusic monitors this forum and can say a word.
Posted By: Mac Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/10/09 01:54 PM
Quote:

I do not know whether somebody from PGMusic monitors this forum and can say a word.

Over the years they have proven time and again that they do indeed "monitor" these forums.

Matter of fact, the head of the company, Dr. Peter Gannon, is known to frequent this forum, something you don't see from most other software companies at all.

Whether or not they can devote development resources to updating older programs is a matter of inhouse decision, though.

Here's hoping you get your wish!

--Mac
Posted By: jford Re: Jazz Guitar Master Classes on MS Vista - 12/11/09 06:38 PM
The weird screen (at least on my Vista system) doesn't prevent the program from working, just from not diplaying some elements of it properly. I agree that it should be fixed, but I suspect this is much lower on their priority.
Hello Walther,

Yes, we've seen that on some screen resolutions on Vista, a bit of the lower toolbar is cut off. Hopefully this can be fixed. However there shouldn't be anything missing, and the items are all useable. Are you seeing a different problem?
© PG Music Forums