PG Music Home
Posted By: jacalart Scrolling notation vs multi-line - 12/06/20 01:49 PM
Using the standalone 'solos' apps - Master Jazz Guitar Solos and Master Flatpick Guitar Solos. Also any instrumental study or song/lesson in BIAB. When viewing the notation, it scrolls along a single horizontal line. This isn't ideal because even with 'scroll ahead' and opting to display more than 2 bars per line, it still shows too little information at once. Is there any way to display the notation across multiple lines and have it auto-scroll across line 1 until the end of the window, then jump down to line 2 and auto-scroll to the end of the window, jump to line 3, etc... The music 'page' would then scroll vertically as more lines emerge. Like a normal music app.

I know I can print the music, but there's no apparent way to even print more than 2 bars per line.

It's a great concept for learning lines/songs - but too hard to read the music when so little is visible on the screen at one time.

I'd upload a screenshot, but looks like it's not possible to upload images with these posts (unless the image is already hosted and has a public URL.)
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Scrolling notation vs multi-line - 12/06/20 04:24 PM
jacalart, Welcome to the forum!

In this instance I believe your best option is to contact PG Music Support by telephone (if possible) with your question. I don't believe many forum users use these programs on a regular basis and you seem to be having an uncommon issue. There is a possibility the answer may revolve around changing the display resolution or some other unusual fix. PG Music Telephone Support will be able to work with you in real time to resolve the issue.

When you are creating a new thread and want to add an image, select the "File Manager" link below the text box to open the File Manager window. The File Manager window allows you to describe a file, select a file and attach a file to the File Manager. You can attach up to five files for an overall maximum size of 10 MB.

Description: Select the "File Manager" link below the main text window.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: Select "Browse" to open a computer file browser. Use the browser to select a file. Select "Add file" to add the file to the File Manager. Select "Done adding files" once complete.
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: jacalart Re: Scrolling notation vs multi-line - 12/09/20 10:52 AM
Thanks. I'll phone Support later today. As for the File Manager - I don't have that option/link/button. To the right of Post Options, I have only the two checkboxes to add to watched topics and add signature. No File Manager option.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Scrolling notation vs multi-line - 12/09/20 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: jacalart
Thanks. I'll phone Support later today. As for the File Manager - I don't have that option/link/button. To the right of Post Options, I have only the two checkboxes to add to watched topics and add signature. No File Manager option.

jacalart,

You have pointed out a "Newbie" forum member limitation I forgot about. "Newbie" forum members have some forum use limitations in place until they reach a specific number of posts. Once they have reached a certain number of posts, their forum member status automatically changes from "Newbie" and the "Newbie" limitation is removed.

My understanding is the new forum members limitation is in place to reduce the potential for bad guys to infect the PG Music servers or share malware and viruses with long term forum members. The thought is once the bad guys see they can not attached or post the malware or virus the bad guys will lose interest in the forum and move on to greener pastures.

As a by product the limitation will hopefully encourage you to be an active forum member by responding to posts and starting additional threads. Then it won't take you long to lose that "Newbie" status! smile
Hello Jacalart,

Those programs don't have a full lead sheet view. However, what you can do is load the songs into Band-in-a-Box. You'll find the folders FGSOLO and JGSOLO, each having all of the tunes as BIAB song files. You can load those into Band-in-a-Box, open the Leadsheet window, and that will give you a multi-line view with customizable settings.

Also, you should see the file manager now.
Posted By: Tim_Clark Re: Scrolling notation vs multi-line - 12/30/20 02:51 PM
I cannot find these directories in my program. does this require an additional purchase? I believe I have the ultra pack.
If you are talking about the FGSOLOS and JGSOLOS folders, you will find them in the Songs and Lessons folder, if you have a recent UltraPAK+ (which includes the Songs and Lessons PAK).
© PG Music Forums