PG Music Home
I asked for this a couple of years ago. The 2023 plugin has more chord options but not this one yet which, for me, is BY FAR the most useful feature of the main BIAB program when developing a chord progression for a song. In the main program, you play the chord you want on your MIDI keyboard then Ctrl + Enter and your last played chord is inserted on the chord sheet.

When I raised this request with PG Tech Support, they wrote:

"The BIAB plugin does not support key commands like Ctrl-Enter, as most DAWs intercept the keyboard and do not pass most keyboard commands like that along to any plugin. Ctrl-Enter is not necessary to enter chords - simply type the chord and press Enter, or press left/right/up/down to move between cells when entering chords."

We don't all know the NAMES of all the chords we want but we can play the chord notes we want, when experimenting with more complex chords (e.g. descending progressions) It's very handy that the BIAB main program can recognise complex chords via MIDI keyboard. In the main program you do this by pressing Control + Enter. I would like this function in the plugin. If that's not possible with Ctrl + Enter then I would like some other way to have this MIDI chord recognition function for chord entry in the DAW plugin.

Surely you could give us a button to click in the DAW plugin which could do this without needing a key command?

I look forward to seeing this on the next list of 75 requests granted!

Thanks
In case it helps, the feature Lazarus refers to in 'regular' BIAB (for Windows) is called MIDI Chord Detection. I've thought for decades it is one of the most valuable yet least known features in BIAB.

If it's not in the Plugin, then +1
Yes, not only should this hidden feature be a normal behavior for entering chords in BIAB, but it should also be a normal entry behavior in the plug-in.

+1
Another vote of support to expose this function, esp. for the Plugin.
+1
© PG Music Forums