PG Music Home
Posted By: IainC Styles - 05/18/23 03:22 PM
I would very much like to be able to put together basic 1940s dance styles, foxtrot, quickstep etc, using Piano, Ac guitar, Drums, Bass.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Styles - 05/18/23 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: IainC
I would very much like to be able to put together basic 1940s dance styles, foxtrot, quickstep etc, using Piano, Ac guitar, Drums, Bass.

Welcome to the forums.

I believe that you can do that now. It may depend on what Pak level you have: Pro(starter), Mega, Ultra etc, as these have different numbers of style, tracks etc.

Typing 'Foxtrot' into the Style Picker filter showed a few styles that matched.

Also checkout entering 'Crooner' into the Style Picker filter. It will possibly give you a wider selection of styles that might be suitable.
Posted By: shlind Re: Styles - 05/18/23 07:43 PM
I also would like to have more styles that support ballroom foxtrot (slowfox), foxtrot and 1940 dance styles.

Searching for foxtrot only gives 4 hits (midi), FoxTrot1, Astaire1, -FOXTRO01 and QwikStep (I have 9264 styles, UltraPlusPak and yearly PlusPak upgrades)

I find it strange that foxtrot is hardly represented at all in the styles, since it has such a long history within dance. At least it is not searchable as foxtrot.

The latin dances are much more represented in the styles eg rumba, samba, chacha cha .. it seems that it is mainly foxtrot (and quickstep) that have a very low representation in the BIAB styles or is hard to find.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Styles - 05/18/23 09:52 PM
Yes, there aren't many.
That's why I suggested Crooner as well, it may fill in some gaps.

(Lots of Latin styles? Maybe that's Matt's fault grin grin grin )
Posted By: shlind Re: Styles - 05/19/23 05:44 AM
Thanks,
yes, now I got 66 hits when using crooner.
(must ha done something wrong yesterday then I only got one hit).
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Styles - 07/19/23 05:50 PM
Thanks for suggestions. We do have lots of styles that work with 1940’s music.
© PG Music Forums