PG Music Home
I wished for this a long while back, and now I'll wish again - especially with the introduction of Plugin Mode where BIAB data can be transferred directly into other DAWS like Sonar.

Most DAWS (I'll speak of Sonar here since that is what I use) have a Marker feature that let's me put little visible notes anywhere in time. So I may want to label certain measures (or beats) as "Intro", "Chorus" etc. But when I'm working on tunes with lot's of juicy chord changes I, with great tedium, use the Markers feature to notate the chords at the appropriate places - just like BIAB does!

So my wish is that when I use BIAB Plugin mode to drag tracks to my DAW that I be given the option to also drag along each BIAB chord name with its measure and beat into Sonar and have BIAB add the chord names to the Sonar Markers View at the appropriate measure/beat.
Precisely why I use Real Band, since it opens up and has the chords in the lyrics/chord window. I can play along and record new tracks with a nice reminder of where i am.

That is a cool idea, but I am not sure if that is possible. That would require for BiaB to know how each host adds notes and markers. I am sure that every host does that coding a bit different. There are far more host out there than Sonar, and each would require BiaB to know it's coding. Not exactly practical. I would rather have PG spend time refining RB so that it gets ever closer to the Big Dogs like Sonar and Cubase. Then we do not need them.
Originally Posted By: kelso
I wished for this a long while back, and now I'll wish again -...

That's been wished for over the decades, some listen and some don't as you can see:

Attached picture S1-Chord-Markes-Import.png
© PG Music Forums