PG Music Home
It would be great to be able to save all the parts of the drumkit from a RealDrum track to different files. This way you can do some serious mixing and tweeking on the RealDrum tracks. Good as they already are, when writing your own songs you want to have more control over the parts.
Mike they are mixed down wave files. The only way would be to release multitrack RDs. One solution is to get Jamstix working properly, and use the 8 output setting and send to eight separate tracks. Even as a static drum machine you can send to 8 outputs and that is cool, but it requires midi drums. If they could get the VSTi lock fixed it would work with audio jam and that is really nice.
Citaat:

Mike they are mixed down wave files. The only way would be to release multitrack RDs.

I know. And it seems like a huge task right now. But then again: If some-one would have told you back in 2006 that you could create BiaB tracks with RealTracks and Realdrums, would you have believed it to be possible? Yet PG did it

Citaat:

One solution is to get Jamstix working properly, and use the 8 output setting and send to eight separate tracks. Even as a static drum machine you can send to 8 outputs and that is cool, but it requires midi drums. If they could get the VSTi lock fixed it would work with audio jam and that is really nice.

I don't have Jamstix or EZdrummer, so I'm going to experiment with BiaB generated MIDI drums and then playing them thru NI Abbey Roads modern drums.

Still I like the RealDrum tracks, they feel pretty good. Only sometimes they have a weird break or change that a live drummer would never have placed there. And you are very limited in the mixing process.
That is the beauty of Jamstix it uses what is called limb technology it will not make a hit that is humanly impossible for instance, if the right hand is busy with a cymbol hit it will hit a tom at the same time or so close it sounds unnatural.

On the other hand RDs being live recorded drums should not have that issues either.

I do agree that RD fit most of my needs but sometimes i want a different groove.

Mike have you tried to make your own RDs with the roll your own instructions?
Citaat:

Mike have you tried to make your own RDs with the roll your own instructions?

Not yet. But who knows what 2011 will bring?
That's not a bad idea !
© PG Music Forums