PG Music Home
I'd like to see the RealDrums saved as separate wave files for each percussion instrument (kick.wav, snare.wave, low tom.wav, etc). The snare is usually much too hot in the current pre-mixed version. (Yes - I agree the wave files would be huge!)
That would be super amazing - long live terrabite harddisks

Not only is the snare to loud, you could tweak the drums totally with reverb and effects and mute ore gate the channels

Snare
Kick
Overheads
Toms
Hi-Hat

would be perfect
What would really help here is to fix the VSTi compatibility issue, and allow the full use of jamstix it allows for 8 output recording so one could really get a very custom drum track when needed.
If they are even able to do this (by mic technique and isolation of each part of the drum kit; it depends on how they were originally recorded), then it should be made available as an option, just like the audiophile version.
Totally agreed- as an additional buy for the pros, like drumsondemand, you can buy the stereo file of the drum track or the multichannel track (which is isolated as far as possible). I would buy it even if its 500 dollars just for all the drum multitracks
This would be great!
This one of the reasons I choose MIDI Drums, to kill a lot of cymbals.

Wayne,
Quote:

I'd like to see the RealDrums saved as separate wave files for each percussion instrument (kick.wav, snare.wave, low tom.wav, etc). The snare is usually much too hot in the current pre-mixed version. (Yes - I agree the wave files would be huge!)

+1

would make finetuning and EQ'ing drums so very much quicker and easier.
Originally Posted By: Major Mindup

+1 that doesn't seem like a bad idea from 2011.
Would make for a big improvement with the ability to add/change effects to the various tracks.
+++++++100!
I would even be happy if just the kick and snare were on separate tracks, with the rest of the kit "pre-mixed". Having the ability to tweak those two would be a godsend for me.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Originally Posted By: Major Mindup

+1 that doesn't seem like a bad idea from 2011.
He’s only late by five years.

This was the first follow up question we asked in December 2006, right after thanking PG Music for the new amazing and totally unexpected feature.
2006 crazy

Attached picture DOD-MultiTrack-Stereo.png
Attached picture DOD-24-16bit.png
mindup.
its not a perfect workaround BUT.
1. set up markers at every other bar or every 3 or 4 bars or whatever. solo drum track.
2. choose different styles from stylepicker
and / or song picker .
3. generate the drum trak.
often on intro and/or other places in the chord sheet
you might get a drum hit by itself.
save it of course.
today i got a nice cymbal i liked by itself.
this way i'm gradually getting a seperate folder of
drum hits i can use in different songs.
you can do the same with midi and vsti plug ins.
also at freesound org are lots of free samples you can
manipulate as well as other places on the net.
another funky thing is use the biab playalong feature for
melody trak useing your pc kbd.
record midi then make the melody trak a drum trak.
and/or get biab to gen automatically a melody trak .
the best thing is to experiment.
i'm cheap so i also experiment with recording different sounds around the house eg water glasses/tins/totes/
desks/different utensils. be inventive is my motto.once you have a sound you can make it higher or lower to see what works. i often do this in reaper for example.
good luck
© PG Music Forums