PG Music Home
Posted By: George Nelson A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 05/23/11 10:07 AM
Hi,

I am talking RealTracks here..

Wouldn't it be cool to have a horn section in Band In a Box (we almost have that now) that you could choose like the Medley.
They could all play in harmony and sit on stage together depending on the style chosen.

At the moment they just noodle through a song all competing for their own space, and, unless you are a horn player it is difficult to cut and paste sections that fit together.

So this is a wish, have them playing either alone (as they are now) or together in harmony (your choice)

Best regards
George
Posted By: jford Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 05/23/11 10:43 AM
+1

And for me, in the styles of Chicago; Blood, Sweat, and Tears; Earth, Wind, and Fire; Tower of Power; Chase (high screaming trumpets); etc.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 05/23/11 11:49 AM
And James Brown with some Maceo fills
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 05/23/11 08:40 PM
+1
Hi,

Just to clarify....

I don't mean just to have, for example, a trombone playing in harmony...this can be achieved with the audio harmony feature.

I mean a Sax, Trombone, Trumpet etc etc all playing their part in a harmony setting.

All joining in and playing together.

Best regards
George
Posted By: GDaddy Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 05/30/11 12:18 PM
I'd also like to work with some Stan Kenton and Gil Evans "arrangements", blending them with some of those great synth apps available "for cheap" in the Apple iapp store!!
Posted By: Mike Lucich Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 06/14/11 12:45 AM
Now this is a thread worth keeping on the list! What an improvement being able to implement biab realtrack horn sections into your arrangements would be!
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 06/15/11 09:02 PM
This request for tower of power type real track section has been here since BIAB 2009 (or at least as long as I've been here). It's been 2 1/2 years -- maybe it is not in the charts (ha, ha). But if it were -- having a trumpet or cello (or other instruments) doing simple fills/accompaniments would be cool, too
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 06/24/11 03:55 PM
Maybe We should all comment on this incredibly important issue and keep this at the top of the wish list ! Gimme Horn Sections and a choice of various styles ! You known they are desperately needed ! Be great if you could control them all separately in RB too!
Posted By: Paj Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/05/11 06:45 PM
OMG---Chase! . . . and Maynard . . . and TOP . . .and Muscle Shoals . . and

Paj
8^)
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/13/11 11:33 AM
If you like this idea please comment on a regular basis so PG might notice ! Horns sections would be the best improvement on Biab ever !
Posted By: MikeK Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/26/11 04:53 PM
+1 without a doubt.
Posted By: rharv Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/26/11 08:38 PM
Maynard's horn section around Primal Scream era would be sweet. The era when Chase was with him was a little too early.

I could go for some Mark Colby and Bobby Militello action .. <grin>

+1
that would be pretty amazing
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/27/11 05:01 AM
Quote:

And James Brown with some Maceo fills

And a Real Track clip of James calling out "Maceooooo"......
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/27/11 11:19 AM
Ha, that would be perfect Eddie ! Keep this post going till it happens !
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 07/30/11 11:18 PM
I would love some punchy real horns .. Also maybe some vocal RTs like a James Brown "OOOOOOWWWWWWWW" or a Raylette's backup do-wop.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 08/11/11 04:56 PM
Yes ,top of the list yall this is important !
Posted By: Aubrey Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 09/04/11 03:29 AM
Horn Sections in Soul, Blues and Funk styles would be awesome.

Regards, Aubrey
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 09/13/11 09:56 AM
Top of the List !
Posted By: Danny C. Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 09/16/11 10:02 PM
This would be BIGGGGG!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 09/20/11 03:17 PM
Best Idea Yet !
THis is a GREAT Idea
+1
Posted By: Tommyc Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 10/16/11 01:08 PM
Please !
Posted By: Fitzync Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 10/19/11 09:12 PM
Would LOVE a Horn section or 20!
Thank you Peter for adding a Horn Section in Band In a Box 2013 as requested.

Best Regards
George
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 12/01/12 11:48 PM
what George said!
Posted By: MikeK Re: A Horn Section That Plays In Harmony - 12/03/12 03:19 PM
and what a great addition it is!!!

THANK YOU!
Good Horns would be nice.
Maybe I will render some UserTracks with SampleTank or Miroslav Philharmonik.

Michael Frank
RealTracks Set 336 : Bossa Horn Section
© PG Music Forums