PG Music Home
Still waiting for an "easy" way to use my vocal harmonizers live with BIAB while using Realtracks. I've resorted to using guitar input which works OK but not an option while playing horns. I've tried most of the suggestions for workarounds but nothing has worked well yet.
Have you tried making it single midi tracks imported separately ?
Thanks for responding Tommyc. I don't really understand your suggestion, but I'm trying to send midi to my harmonizer in a live gig situation, not a studio. I've given up again and am back to using my guitar to drive the harmonizer. The only possible fix is for the programmers to amp up biab to be able to address two midi outs at the same time (not possible now) while using realtracks. I'll keep on this every so often in hopes that they'll go after it soon.

Mike
Probably not the answer you want to hear, but why not use RB, it does this now, and it can directly open your BiaB files.

I have it send on midi channel 13 and have my Voiceworks set to recieve that channel, i send CCs to start stop, and define the harm programming. It works sweet.

With the new Juke box feature i am getting 8 to 10 sec loads for song files, i am finding now i have to put a small delay so I can adjust things between songs.

Anotehr advantage is the ability to use more effects in RB, Plus multiple synths.
I have the voicelive working fine via Midi and Dxi

1. Select Dxi in check box
2. Go to Output channels and change solo to Midi 5.
3. Set harmony box to Midi 5.
4. Opts. Prefs Midi Drive select both Edirols

This is for version 2011.5 latest build as of today.

I tested it, have it changing harmonies at certain bars, working fine. All commands are sent to Midi 5, and embedding an instrument via f5 in any bar lets you select that preset on the box.
Quote:

The only possible fix is for the programmers to amp up biab to be able to address two midi outs at the same time

Not following. Do you mean 2 PHYSICAL outs or more than one MIDI channel?

Why would you ever need 2 physical MIDI outs? That's why I'm lost.
© PG Music Forums