PG Music Home
Posted By: Gitarman1 Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/29/11 09:10 PM
I would to see an updated GUI interface that is a little less cluttered with icons (to allow for more screen space) and a little more professional looking, i.e. Logic, Cubase, etc. I would also like to see a feature where the program will reload the last song when starting (at your option) that you were working on when you quit.
Posted By: pwarren Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/29/11 09:18 PM
Quote:

I would also like to see a feature where the program will reload the last song when starting (at your option) that you were working on when you quit.

Already exists. Go to Prefs. Near bottom left is a combo box with title 'At program bootup...'. Select 'Open previous song'.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/29/11 10:27 PM
I would like to be able to customize the toolbar menus (a la Win XP and MS office and forward) to hide or gray out functions that I will never use and bring those I use most frequently to the top.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/30/11 12:36 PM
Just click on the little trianglesat the far right of the toolbars. You can hide any functions you don't use. Later, Ray
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/30/11 01:16 PM
Wups. I misstated. I meant the dropdown menus. I knew you could do that with the icons (even with my ancient copy of 2009.5). Thanks for the wakeup call.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 07/30/11 10:07 PM
Guitarman,

As Raymb1 has said above, it's possible to add/remove icons that you don't need.

One other thing that I do is to change the number of lines on the chord sheet from "Auto" to "26". This displays much more on the screen (Opts | Preferences | Display) and it suits me much better. Please see the image below to see what I mean.

Personally, I really like the GUI. The many aspects of music make it an extremely complicated process and many menus and submenus are required if one wants to cover music for all kinds of musicians (not just piano and guitar and not just playback and record). To my way of thinking, things could become extremely difficult to find if too many levels of menu bury the mountain of options.

I find that there is too much to remember in this program and thus periodically, I know that I can do something but, because I've forgotten it, I need to read through each item on the drop down menus. I find that being able to do this makes it very easy to locate processes. The present GUI suits me very well.

These days we have the ability to save our preferences. I always do that. Sometimes, though, I need to reset to factory settings and thus have to re-organize my display. It usually only takes 10 minutes.

Kind regards,
Noel
Posted By: Skyline Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 08/01/11 12:01 PM
I'd like the option to have more bars per row. I put it on the wish list years ago but to no avail. It would be so useful, but I can only assume that's in the 'too hard box' prohramming-wise.

John
Posted By: gibson Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 08/02/11 05:49 AM
It would be also be nice to be able to input up to eight chords per bar
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 08/02/11 11:49 AM
+1 Eight chords to the bar is more important to me than anything mentioned. Later, Ray
Posted By: MarioD Re: Re-Design GUI Interface - 08/02/11 12:20 PM
Quote:

+1 Eight chords to the bar is more important to me than anything mentioned. Later, Ray

A BIG +1 for eight chords to the bar. 16 would be better
© PG Music Forums