PG Music Home
I would like to know if songs being played in BIAB can be controlled by a footswitch. I am presently looking at some possibilities on the internet that promote control keyboard functions and BIAB has an option to set up QWERTY keys to play and pause songs. Has anyone had any experience with this? Would like to know before I purchase a foot pedal.
Yes. There are several other threads with this same request, including a recent one. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Don't forget that another possibility is controlling BIAB with an iPhone/iPad app.

EDIT: start here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...true#Post355710

Several years ago someone in the Cakewalk Forum recommended This USB footpedal to me for use with SONAR during live performances. It works well with BIAB too. It is a bit pricey for a foot pedal but if you play out in clubs, what makes the price worth it is that it is built like a tank. Mine has taken a heck of a beating and hasn't fallen apart yet.
Thanks Keith for your reply-I have bitten the bullet and ordered a footswitch in Australia that appears to do what I need - Fingers crossed. Product is: 1 x Scythe USB Triple Foot Switch Will let you know if OK - Priced at $53 aud
Hi Keith - Back again. Took delivery of my footpedal today and managed to set it up OK. Some of my details following:
My Computer - Toshiba Notebook Satellite with Pentium (R) dual core CPU holding 4 gb RAM and using Windows Vista - Home Premium 2007

I have software for deluxe Band In A box 2012

Purchased Scythe (HID) USB Triple foot switch at a price $53.90 (Aud) + delivery in Australia ($9.90)

Anyway loaded DVD disk to my computer and followed directions to allocated Keyboard keys to the pedals.
For pedal one - I assigned the SPACEBAR (This will play or pause a song that is running)
For Pedal 2 - I assigned CTRL + F3 (This opens SONGBOOK Index))

In BIAB I went into Options /Preferences and ticked the checkbox "Pause Play until MIDI or Key received"
Then
With a song playing I can press the No1 pedal and pause/Start play.
By pressing No 1 footpedal twice after the Stop/Pause I can Play/Restart the song (Don't know why it has to be twice other than a message comes up after first press of pedal)

On Number 2 pedal,with CTRL+F3 assigned I can open the Songbook menu in BIAB where I can see a full screen of songs in the selected folder.

I have not gone any further with this to date and still have no 3 pedal unassigned, but I am very happy with this new aspect of control.
I have a 4 pedal midi foot controller that I use with my guitar pod. Is there a way to use a midi foot controller to assign song sections to each pedal? Like part-A to pedal-1, part-B to pedal-2, etc.....similar to programming a song structure with the new 'song form' function. thanks
4johnny, I don't use BIAB in that way, but check out the Conductor. Perhaps you could ask to have the foot pedal integrate with that.

I recommend you start a new Wishlist thread for your suggestion, as it is a different focus from the request in this thread.
© PG Music Forums