PG Music Home
Posted By: Ron Becker Loose the reverb please - 08/03/08 07:07 PM
The Terry Clark real jazz drums are just about useless with all that verb all over them. Do you guys like the people at McDonalds deciding how much salt should be in your food? I dare say most of the people have reverb available to them if they need it. You won't find many jazz albums with drums that sound like the Clark jazz drums. It goes quite a ways beyond room ambience [which I'd still rather do myself thank you] I really like where the development team is headed with the changes in drums. Maybe you guys should tune in a good straight ahead jazz station for a week or so before you do the next batch of jazz drums.

Maybe it's just me, but is the head of your dept a hillbilly? Seems like you've covered that base extensively. How about some more jazz and latin styles, real drums and percussion please? Minus the reverb of course.

Ron Becker
Posted By: JBlue7 Re: Loose the reverb please - 08/03/08 09:50 PM
Hi I agree with Ron, many of the real drum styles especially the jazz styles with cymbals seem to me to be drowned in too much reverb. Is there any way to adjust that? I record down to my mixer when I have a final song worked out and can add the reverb if any that I prefer to hear. Otherwise the real drums are brilliant.
Jeff
Posted By: Mac Re: Loose the reverb please - 08/04/08 02:25 AM
Check your DX plugin list inside BIAB and see if there isn't an audio reverb plugin being applied.

That happened here once and the RealDrums were suddenly drenched in too much 'verb. Turns out not to have been on the RealDrums tracks at all.

You can play any of the RealDrums inside the Drums folder using the Windows Media Player or similar player that will play wma or wav files. Listen to the ones you think have too much reverb in them that way and see if the "raw" files sound the same. If not, go looking for that audio plugin inside BIAB.

I don't experience too much reverb on any of the RealDrums here.

--Mac
Posted By: pwarren Re: Loose the reverb please - 08/05/08 07:29 PM
I have to agree with Mac here. I've listened to many of the raw RealDrums files and I haven't heard any with what I'd consider too much reverb. I'd look for an audio plug-in that might be adding it.
© PG Music Forums