PG Music Home
Posted By: curlyguit Solo Correction Tool - 10/10/12 02:51 PM
I use Band in Box often for recording Solos over changes. Nice it will be a Correction Tool if something is possibel to use in Audio.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/10/12 03:17 PM
Google pitch correction software and you will see many listed. Some are free and some are expensive. I don’t record in BiaB so I can’t vouch for what will work and what will not but hopefully others will chime in.

This is a good idea but if PGMusic chooses to add pitch correction I would hope that it would be a VST and not a DX.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/10/12 03:55 PM
I concur with Mario's thought about pitch correction.

However, I'm not sure from the original question that pitch correction is all that is needed. Curlyguit, are you asking about audio editing in general, so you can change timing, edit out mistakes, duplicate a good riff elsewhere, etc.?

Like Mario, I use another program to record and edit audio. First, I use BIAB's Drag & Drop to take my BIAB tracks over to the other program.

I believe RealBand (provided free with BIAB) would also be a better choice than BIAB if you want to edit recorded audio.

Of course, this is the Wishlist forum, so the OP has every right to ask for a new feature in BIAB.

Posted By: curlyguit Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/11/12 12:00 PM
Hi Mario, hi Matt!

Thanks a lot for your answer. Pitch correction is right.
Posted By: curlyguit Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/16/12 02:22 PM
Hi Matt!

With correction I mean to edit out Mistakes. If something like this will be possible.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/16/12 03:46 PM
Curlyguit, Are you perhaps a guitarist with a curly maple top guitar?

If you only want to edit out mistakes in an audio track you should be able to do that in RB. I know you can do that in the free Audacity software. Just cut out the mistakes.

If you want to change the pitch of the mistake to the correct pitch then pitch correction is what you want. Again google is your friend.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/18/12 11:50 AM
Real Band will do pitch correction.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Solo Correction Tool - 10/27/12 12:48 PM
Curly,

Many of us here use Melodyne for audio editing. It comes in several versions, with prices that rise as features increase.

The advantage of buying a 3rd party product is that it is portable to other music programs. Features that are built-in to a product are like the slogan "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"

As stated already, there are lots of pitch correction products available, but I like melodyne for these reasons:

1) it works the same way as a midi piano roll editor, which is a concept many of us already understand

2) you can fix other problems besides pitch. Just like a piano roll editor, you can stretch notes to change duration, drag notes to change timing etc

3) you can use it to add audio harmonies to your played part.

4) you can even change the subtleties of transitions between notes

here's a link in case you want to read more or watch demo videos:
http://www.celemony.com/cms/
© PG Music Forums