PG Music Home
I have messed around a bit with jammer pro 6 and some of its midi styles are absolutely very good, especially the dance stuff.

As jammer pro to me anyways doesn't seem to have any update cycle it would be great if somehow PG could put all of its styles into biab.

musiclover
However PG decide to do it, I do wish they would incorporate more dance styles (what I believe PG refer to as "Techno") into BIAB. I have asked for this several times. A big +1.

Richard
Ah thanks for that Ryszard, the Reason Man

My first port of call for a style is biab but have had a little dance type of song going around in my head for a good number of years and simply could not find a style for it in biab.

I know we are not supossed to discuss competing products on here but I got jammer 6 and though it takes a few days to get used to it, I have managed to get a good dance midi style out of it.

A crazy type of song for me to do a simple country music boy, will post it in user showcase fairly soon.

Musiclover
If dance type songs are an occasional issue, then one suggestion is to look deeper into Acidized loops for song base material. I start this journey using Acid Pro, and that along with Abelton Live are the dance based software platforms. Go over to Acidplanet.com and nose around you might get some great idea. Remember RB does allow loop generation.
I think having Jammer's functions would be good to have as well as it's approach to song endings and intros. There's a lot in there that BIAB hasn't implemented. And vice versa of course. So a merger would be a great thing but unlikely I would guess.

Regards

Alan
Spammer!
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Spammer!

That's "Jammer Spammer"! grin
Originally Posted By: alan S.
I think having Jammer's functions would be good to have as well as it's approach to song endings and intros. There's a lot in there that BIAB hasn't implemented. And vice versa of course. So a merger would be a great thing but unlikely I would guess.

Regards

Alan

+1

Adding chords at the 16th note level is one of the features I really liked about Jammer. But I haven't used Jammer in years.
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Spammer!

Ian, why does this topic get labelled as 'Spammer!' ?

I didn't make the connection. Just wondering.

Thanks

Trevor
Trevor, after Alan's post, there was a spammer's post. I reported it immediately, and apparently now the entire post has been removed.

This does make for a confusing segue if someone didn't see the deleted post.
Hi Matt
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, that certainly left me wondering !
All good though, understood, and glad the 'unwanted' are now completely missing.
Best
Trevor
© PG Music Forums