PG Music Home
Posted By: gerry720 Realtracks to midi - 11/15/13 09:36 PM
I have been using BIAB since version 1 I think, but I stopped because the tracks created with the old midi styles were so bad. Then Realtracks came along and I have been upgrading and updating for the past 3 years and loving it. However, I still have the problem that midi styles are not great. I play live using midi and it would be great if there was a way to have a midi equivalent for every realtrack? You have done it with soling I think, but what about things like picking and strumming patterns for the guitar or piano work?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Realtracks to midi - 11/15/13 09:45 PM
Welcome, Gerry.

If a RealTrack has notation, you will see an underline under its name where the track buttons appear. You are correct, most of the solos have notation, but many other tracks do as well. There is a column to the far right in the RealTrack picker dialog that will also tell you.

But I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for. It sounds like you are happy with RealTracks for backing up your live playing, but you still want to use MIDI. Is that right? Is that so you can read the notation? Or some other reason? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

© PG Music Forums