PG Music Home
Posted By: jphillips Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/04/13 03:25 AM
I'm liking the new mixer in BIAB 2014 but my eye is a bit overwhelmed with the array of faders. I think it might be better to add color to each sections of faders, VOLUME, PAN, REVERB such as illustrated here:

I'm not at all tied to these colors or even this concept but I think something like this would help the eye navigate the vast number of faders, buttons, etc. in the new 2014 mixer.

John
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/04/13 10:52 AM
Absolutely +1
This is a great idea to quickly reference mixer items, and gives a more modern look to the user interface.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/04/13 03:19 PM
A +1 IF one can select the colors.

Let’s not forget about those of us who are partially colorblind!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/04/13 07:39 PM
+1 for user selectable color faders
Posted By: Andy123 Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/05/13 02:47 PM
And the ability to zero/centre the fader by double-clicking the slider (as in many DAWs) would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks! Best - Andy
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/05/13 07:03 PM
oh and, ya know that yellow alert box that pops up in the top right corner? could you change it so that when you click it to dismiss it that click does not carry through to the mixer? I have found several times that I click the yellow box and that click then changes a setting in the mixer.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Add colors to new BIAB 2014 mixer - 12/05/13 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Andy123
And the ability to zero/centre the fader by double-clicking the slider (as in many DAWs) would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks! Best - Andy

Right. We have made that suggestion to Peter Gannon. That is typical behavior
© PG Music Forums